PDA

View Full Version : Indian DGCA ATPL - What the check list doesn't tell ya

vinayak
9th Apr 2012, 04:59
Hi guys,

Just some info I thought i'd share with you'll which has really made me :ugh:

Apparently the DGCA wants all your licences to be valid for TWO months or more at the time of submission.

Also, althou the checklist says you can submit it you paperwork with the CA-35 original and a copy they want the medical assessment- Which has taken me over six weeks to get...

Just a little head start to people trying to get their ATPL...

Also a collegue of mine got and "Objection" from the DGCA saying that why is the P1 U/S logbook being maintained... :sad:

SO!!! God save us all!!

radical_100
21st Mar 2013, 12:29
Finally, did you manage getting it?

Also, what IS the deal on P1 U/S? Can anyone help with any further rules on this (Maybe an ICAO reference?)

Rule 67a (http://dgca.nic.in/airrule/rule67a.htm) says this

(6) Flight time spent in performing, under supervision of a pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilot-in-command may be logged as pilot-in-command provided the person is entitled and authorized to fly in command of that type of aeroplane by virtue of the ratings and privileges of his pilot’s licence. In all other cases, such flight time shall be logged as co-pilot with appropriate indication in the remarks column.

GE90-115B
21st Mar 2013, 14:46
I ve maintained all my P1 u/s times in the same log book I ve written my other hour details. Lets see what DGCA has to say..

blackknight999
21st Mar 2013, 16:19
If you see the ATPL issue form it says under a note to Sumit the P1u/s logbook separately, but ultimately who knows what they want...!!!:mad::mad::mad::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Adiair
19th Sep 2013, 00:51
Can someone explain better..What is a p1 logbook?and why does DGCA want us to submit the logbooks?also,do they want us to maintain 2 logbooks?

radical_100
6th Jul 2015, 13:15
Because it it illegal to log P1 U/S as per Rule 67a (quoted in the 2nd post on this thread).

However, Section M of the Schedules of the Aircraft Rules state:

(e) Experience— He shall produce evidence of having satisfactorily completed as a Pilot of an aeroplane not less than one thousand five hundred hours of flight time of which not less than one hundred fifty hours flight time shall be in the preceding twelve months and his total flying experience shall include —

(i) not less than five hundred hours of flight time as Pilot-in-Command or as Co-Pilot performing, under the supervision of a pilot who fulfills the flying experience requirements of a check pilot, the duties and functions of a pilot-in-command provided that at least two hundred hours out of these shall be cross-country flight time, including not less than fifty hours of flight time by night.

Note— Where an aeroplane is required to be operated with a co-pilot in accordance with the provisions of the Flight Manual of the aeroplane, not more than fifty percent of the co-pilot flight time shall be credited towards the total flight time required for the issue of the licence, but not more than fifty percent of the co-pilot flight time under supervision shall be credited towards pilot-in-command flight experience required for issue of the licence, and full credit for such flight time shall be given towards total flight time required for issue of the licence.

That's why a separate logbook indicating those times.

My Question: What defines "duties & functions of PIC"? Is a take-off/landing mandatory? A PIC need not necessarily perform a takeoff/landing without losing his privileges as the PIC of that aircraft.

avl998
7th Jul 2015, 16:21
well i am yet to build those hours for the atpl issue and then encounter dgca with all sorta shortcomings ,but hope this helps.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/indianaviators/conversations/topics/7855