PDA

View Full Version : Learning Jetplanner/Jetplan

Bizjetter
8th Apr 2012, 12:57
Can anyone advise a cheap alternative to Jetplan or Jetplanner for educational purposes? I would like to learn these but they are financially out of my reach I suppose.

Do Jeppesen do a similar package that would allow me to learn but not break the bank? Perhaps an older version could be bought on eBay or similar...

URRVCTR
8th Apr 2012, 13:26
Hi, Bizjetter.
I don't think You can find any version of JetPlanner on eBay.
There several options to get into:
1) ask Your friends to share login for You or ask them to show tricks.
2) google or ask friends to introduce manual for You
3) visit Jeppesen website, I beleive they have Jetplanner course for reasonable cost.

Bizjetter
8th Apr 2012, 13:44
Hi,

I didn't expect I could buy it on eBay!! I just wondered if Jetplanner was a higher spec version of another Jeppesen product?

URRVCTR
8th Apr 2012, 13:50
Bizjetter,
check Your PM.
By the way, do You think FAA ADX licence will give You big opportunities in Europe?
Or are You going outside EU?

Bizjetter
8th Apr 2012, 13:54
Hi,

I didn't expect I could buy it on eBay!! I just wondered if Jetplanner was a higher spec version of another Jeppesen product?

Bizjetter
8th Apr 2012, 14:06
I would like to work in the UK but want a licence that can be use d worldwide as I may move in the future..

Thanks for the PM!

glider12000
8th Apr 2012, 18:29
Bizjetter,

Jeppesen run courses in Crawley for 3 days for the basic course and then an additional 2 days for the advanced course. There is also a database course too.

Jetplan/Jetplanner are interlinked and would need a subscription certainly to appreciate how things run. If you want an idea of how the system on jetplan works then it could be installed, but I wouldn`t like to say how successfully without a valid log in.

Bizjetter
8th Apr 2012, 18:39
Does the course require knowledge of flight planning? It might be best to finish my studies & licence first....

glider12000
8th Apr 2012, 18:45
Nope, I did them both with no prior flight planning knowledge.

Bizjetter
8th Apr 2012, 18:49
Well that is good to hear!