PDA

View Full Version : AS365 type rating: where?

EC145Pilot
8th Apr 2012, 04:42
Hello fellow rotorheads,

Once again I need the help of our network.
I am looking to do a JAR AS365 (N or N2) type rating (additional multi-engine type rating).
I've already had an answer from:
- Starspeed: interesting but pricey
- Same thing for Swift Copters (although very cooperative)
- Heli Union in France offers a "fair" price (around 15000€) but their training schedule might not suit me
- Dragon Helicopters: no answer
- Romania SAS helicopters: no answer
- Eurocopter: more expensive than a A320 type rating!

Any other idea?

Thanks, cheers

Pierre

tophelios
8th Apr 2012, 05:26
Hi Ec145..

NHV (Oostend, Belgium) is also an interesting possibility, usually not so expensive...
Is the type rate cost by HU already calculated with some As365 sim flight hours?

EC145Pilot
8th Apr 2012, 06:54
Hi,

Thanks, I've also emailed NHV, waiting for an answer and I'll make a follow up call next week. Multi flight haven't answered as well.
Sad to see TRTOs not answering...

As of HU it's 5 hours flying time, no sim.

Cheers

MCA
8th Apr 2012, 08:28
You could try PDG Helicopters but they mainly do inhouse type ratings

EC145Pilot
8th Apr 2012, 09:53
Hi,

Thanks. Email sent to PDG helicopters. We will see...

Pierre

HeliHenri
8th Apr 2012, 10:01
Hello EC145,

Have you tried Pawan Hans Helicopters in India ?
That's the biggest operator of 365N in the word (after the USCG).

Henri

EC145Pilot
8th Apr 2012, 10:11
Bonjour Henri,

No I haven't tried yet but I doubt they do JAR approved training.

Thanks anyway.

Pierre
Ec145pilot

S76Heavy
8th Apr 2012, 10:25
INAER TRTO have the SA365N2/N3, although I have no idea about prices and speaking a modicum of Spanish is really helpful.

HeliHenri
8th Apr 2012, 10:40
Bien le bonjour Pierre :)

Heliportugal have more than 10 365 in their fleet and they are linked with S.A.F at Courchevel.

Henri

EC145Pilot
8th Apr 2012, 12:43
Thanks,

Got a few ideas I hadn't tried yet.
I sent an email to Heli-aviation.de last week, no answer yet but that may be normal.

Keep them coming if you know any.

Cheers

eivissa
8th Apr 2012, 13:13
Heli-Aviation will only be able to offer you a type rating on the AS365C if the machine is available at all.

Inaer is not interested in offering type ratings to people outside of the company, as they have done it before and neither they nor the clients were too happy with the result.

Heliringer
8th Apr 2012, 13:18
A bit closer to Home try McDermott Aviation in QLD. He has a couple of AS365s

GoodGrief
8th Apr 2012, 16:50
Now the other idea is to get the training on an EC155, maybe in Esbjerg, and do the 1 hour differences on your company machine.
They are the same rating nowadays.
http://www.easa.europa.eu/certification/flight-standards/doc/oeb-general/List_of_Helicopters_--_Type_Ratings_List-06032012.pdf

902Jon
9th Apr 2012, 08:49
You could try Multiflight at Leeds/Bradford. I believe they have a good reputation.

EC145Pilot
9th Apr 2012, 09:17
Hi,

Yes I'd love to do it there. If only they would answer my email for request of information! Having a 10 hours time difference with the uk, it's not that easy to call. I'd favor a type rating in English since it's the language environment I'm going to work in next.

Ec155 rating as suggested by another member may be interesting as well, as the difference training between the 155 and the 365 doesn't require a specific TRTO but flight instruction endorsed in the logbook (if I understand things correctly).

I'll keep you informed once choice is made and training done so my decision can serve others for better or worse.

So next is three phone Calls to make to the TRTOs that haven't answered emails: NHV, multiflight, and Heli aviation.de.

Cheers fellow rotorheads and happy Easter

VeeAny
9th Apr 2012, 10:50
The UK based FTOs might not respond over this weekend, as both Friday and Monday are public holidays over here.

aegir
11th Apr 2012, 07:12
EC145Pilot, you have a PM

EC145Pilot
11th Apr 2012, 07:44
Thanks Aegir,

I've just sent an inquiry email to Air corporate, an Italian TRTO .

By the way, after calling I got an answer from Multiflight. Very prompt to answer after that.
Dragon helicopters also answered: not possible, no helicopter.
PDG Helicopters: not possible to busy. Answered quickly and very friendly.
Heli-avaition.de: they are studying if it's possible; waiting.
NHV: answered.

Well that's where it stands now.

Cheers

Ec145pilot

gnz
11th Apr 2012, 14:16
If you're in Noumea, try Eurocopter South East Asia (http://www.eurocoptersea.com.sg/)
They've brand new N3 FFS and EASA instructor.

eurobigchopper
20th Apr 2012, 10:28
bonjour

Did you try Eurocopter South Esat Asia training centre Singapore ?
They have a new AS 365 N3 full flight simulator ...
Check their website :Eurocopter South East Asia ... thinking without limits. (http://www.eurocoptersea.com.sg/)

Are you Captain EC 145?

Eurobigchopper

EC145Pilot
20th Apr 2012, 20:07
Well, to be honest, Eurocopter in France is expensive for a private individual, even on sim. I know a few of their flight instructors in France and they are good, but it is still a lot of money.

Now if I could get a reasonable price for a JAR AS365 type rating in Singapore, I'd be more than happy to save me 25 hours of airline flight time back to France or the UK!

Anyway, I've just sent an inquiry to Eurocopter SEA.

I'll make my choice next week for the AS365 type rating, but I couldn't find anything cheaper than 16000€ (taxes and everything else included) and that's for 6 hours flight time (the cheapest is also the one who offers the most flight hours). It's also a major operator so it shouldn't be a "low quality" rating.

As for the Ec145, yes I am a "captain" and even JAR TRI on it with around 450 hours on type and 100 IFR. If everything goes according to plan, I could even be TRE on it in a month's time...

Cheers

Ec145pilot

GoodGrief
20th Apr 2012, 21:45
Why 6 hours?
You only need 4.

EC145Pilot
21st Apr 2012, 01:06
Yes, I agree I would only need 4 hours (I have more than 500 multi-engine hours), but that is still to be discussed with the TRTO. Nevertheless, with 6 hours they are still cheaper than others offering 4 hours. But if I am ready for the skill test after four hours flight time, I'll ask to take it.

But everything could change following EASA OEB final report on the Dauphin family published 08/02/2012. For an additional type rating on the AS635 N,N1,N2 they now recommend 6h15 flight time plus the skills test. Now that's a recommendation, but I am sure some TRTO's will adhere to it!

Cheers,

Ec145pilot

EC145Pilot
24th May 2012, 17:17
Hello,

I promised to keep you updated.
I finally decided to go to Heli Union in angouleme (France) and I have just finished the first 5 days of ground school.
They were the cheapest around (17000€).

Good things:
- Building is brand new, everything is neat and clean
- they have a brand new AS365 FFS and it's nice to be able to go a few times during the week from the class to the sim to understand the systems
- they have a big As365 fleet and their instructors have hundred of hours on it, so they know what they are talking about

Nothing bad yet.

I'll tell you how things went next week after flight training.

Cheers,

ec145pilot

902Jon
24th May 2012, 21:50
EC145

You will enjoy flying the 365 - most of us that have been lucky enough to fly the machine, regard it as the nicest aircraft that we have flown. :ok:

EC145Pilot
1st Jun 2012, 14:17
Final update after a week of flight training (the week before was only theory)

Thanks 902jon, now after 6 hours of flying, I do find it nice to fly!
Nevertheless it's single engine performance (i've only flown the N version) doesn't seem to come close to that of the Ec145! I will see with time...

Flight training went well, although in my case it was more a question of adapting to a new type. I find it a mix of the Puma and the twin squirrel! We flew twice a day. Instructors know their helicopter very well and give a lot of helpful advice.

The literature given (emergency checklists, manexB data...) outside of the flight manual is not sufficient, and I've told them.

Outside of that I consider Heli union flight training a very good place to do your As365 type rating. Hope that helps other pilots around when looking around for an As365 type rating in JAA(EASA) land! For english speakers when you contact them ask to speak to Gill, she is Irish and will help you trough.

Cheers,

Ec145pilot!

HeliHenri
1st Jun 2012, 16:26
Thanks for the feedback Pierre and enjoy the Dauphin !
Bon vols Henri

EESDL
14th Mar 2016, 15:06
Help - have N3 and EC155B1 on my licence but EASA says I need a 'differences' course to be able to accept some N3+ work - sooner rather than later.
The 'differences' are nothing new as they are present on either the N3 or EC155B1 but EASA table does not specify going from an N3&EC155 to an N3+, just either/or.
Would appreciate any assistance -please PM if you can help.
Owner's aircraft currently on an G-plate.
Airbus say they cannot help until mid-April!
Regards
EESDL

GoodGrief
14th Mar 2016, 15:53
The EASA lists the N3+ in its own row, so yes a difference is in order.
Bottom of page 2.

http://www.easa.europa.eu/download/typerating-lists/EASA-T_R_List_Helicopter.pdf

EESDL
14th Mar 2016, 20:14
Thanks GG
That's why I'm asking - there does not appear to be anyone in UK capable of doing the course.
Waiting to see if HU can help

GoodGrief
14th Mar 2016, 20:56
Google finds this:
https://www.thalesgroup.com/sites/default/files/asset/document/Heliunion%20Simulator_GB.pdf

Bellrider
15th Mar 2016, 12:58
Try Heliflight! It is 20 min from Frankfurt Airport! They have 5 machines! All classes up to N3!
Very sympathic company

http://www.heli-flight.de

GoodGrief
15th Mar 2016, 14:29
He needs an N3+ not an N3!