PDA

View Full Version : 17 station commanders..

Al R
7th Apr 2012, 22:49
.. happy retirement Nick!

Nicos the Barber hangs up his scissors 12.05.11 - YouTube

I must have contributed 300 quid towards it.

Willard Whyte
7th Apr 2012, 22:52
I must have contributed 300 quid towards it.
You know you can get a set of Wahl Pro clippers for <60 notes?

I think 6+ people 'commanded' Lyneham during my 11 years.

Al R
7th Apr 2012, 23:08
I'm on my third set now. Not trusted with 'em anymore though..

17? I'm not sure which one of 'mine' it was, but after this nice particularly APC WRAF and I visited his private grape vines one balmy summer's night, the crop was all the more meagre for it. Sorry boss.

AGS Man
8th Apr 2012, 06:54
Changed a bit since I was there! I wonder how many SWO's he had as they were certainly his best source of business, one in particular comes to mind from the mid 80s

SRENNAPS
8th Apr 2012, 06:57
Wow! He must have cut mine a couple of times back in 79.

He would have seen some sights and changes over the years, but nice to see that he achieved a full career there.

Good luck to him:D:D

Nice post AL R:ok::ok:

Al R
8th Apr 2012, 19:04
AGS,

Name of Sutherland perhaps? Ex Guards I think. I saw him clip a dog chain into the earring of an APC JT with the comment that if he wanted to look like a dog, he'd treat him like a dog.

I bet he'd get encouraged these days to reconsider his style.. the SWO that is (the techie got the message loud and clear to reconsider his).

Fox3WheresMyBanana
8th Apr 2012, 19:51
He did most of XI Sqn, including me, when we arrived in August 1990 for Desert Shield. All Number 2 cuts as the Boss banned Officers from Number 1 cuts.

AGS Man
9th Apr 2012, 08:35
AI R
I was thinking of JJ Giblin. He was the one who a bunch of APC guys went carol singing outside his house ( at midnight in July) He duly took all their names and had them paraded outside his office at 07 00. After he'd awarded them all a visit to Nicks he made them sing carols for another 30 minutes! He did have a sense of humour, I'll give him that!