PDA

View Full Version : Does an FAA type rating renew my JAA ME/IR to an ICAO ME/IR??

power.r
6th Apr 2012, 10:06
Hi guys,

I am doing an FAA A320 type rating in two weeks time. My JAA ME/IR is up in June and I have to renew it in the aircraft.

My question is: If I do not renew it will my JAA ME/IR change to an ICAO ME/IR because of the type rating and its validity?

Will European airlines accept this or will they think I am trying to pull a fast one?

Cheers for the feedback!

wingreencard
7th Apr 2012, 02:50
the JAA don't recognize your FAA (except if you have 500h, they recognize the time for the JAA ATP) so I doubt they will extend your MEP if you do a t/rating FAA on the 320.

and the FAA will endorse your license as a first officer on the 320.JAA don't accept it.

sorry, but JAA want your money, they will not make you any gift and you will have to rent a multi engine with an examiner. stressful for you and your wallet especially when there are no job around.

there is not ICAO change after expiration.

FAA don't expired!your FAA medical can expire, but your FAA certificate is good for life.JAA expire after 5 years.and after 7 years, the 14 JAA exams are totally expired.This is just to make your life harder until you leave for the USA.

power.r
7th Apr 2012, 09:01
They really don't make things easy for us do they?

I'm not expecting to get work in Europe to be honest with three airbus airlines gone bust since November I'm sure there will be lots of pilots with more experience looking for work.

However I will renew the me/ir in Florida if there is no other way to keep it valid.

Thanks for sharing!!

RP