View Full Version : First jet job....

michaelbarns
5th Apr 2012, 17:03
Hi,

I was just wondering if you guys could help shed some light in my direction with regards to me finding my first jet job. I currently have an ICAO ATP, with 3500hrs all on twin turbo-props, SAAB 340's, 1900D's etc etc etc. Ive been trying to find a jet job as I have no jet time. But I see that most if not all airlines want 500hrs jet time on type, eg A320. What im confused about is that they would rather employ a person with under a thousand hours and hardly any experience in the real world, yet with 500hrs on type, its a go! I am happy to pay for, eg. an A320 type rating if I had a position, or even buy 500 block hours, Ive saved the money. I just dont want my career to come to a standstill over this.

Any advice is as always greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
ps. please remember I have an ICAO ATP.

cyrilroy21
5th Apr 2012, 17:32
If you have 1500 hours or greater on in a modern multipilot turbo-prop greater than 12,000 kg MTOW

Then apply here

Pilots & Flight Deck Crew | Qatar Airways Global (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-flight-deck.page)

cyrilroy21
5th Apr 2012, 17:35
Another One

Hong Kong Airlines (http://www.hongkongairlines.com/cms/language!searchCareerDetial.action?languageParam.moduleId=10 000289367&clanguage=&country_code=HK&request_locale=en_GB)

IndAir967
5th Apr 2012, 17:36
You re posting in the wrong sub forum..
With your experience you are probably the kind of person Fly Dubai is looking for:

Minimum requirements for non-B737 type rated first officers

First Officers - must have 2,500 hours total flying time, of which 1,000 hours must have been gained on modern (EFIS)
multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft over 10 tonnes operating weight (preference will be given to those with PIC time)

Similarly Qatar Airways could hire you as a Fast Track Second Officer

Second officers - Fast track

Minimum of 1,500 hours in a modern multipilot turbo-prop greater than 12,000 kg MTOW
Valid ICAO ATPL or frozen ATPL
Valid Class 1 medical
Minimum level 4 ICAO English proficiency.

Best of luck with your career mate :ok: