PDA

View Full Version : QA bond contract

wasnt me
5th Apr 2012, 10:31
I m sure some of you have experience leaving QA before end of bond. I might have to as well. Any tips/help/opinions are very much appreciated, as paying the rest of the huge (and illegal, not reflecting the actual cost of training) bond is probably out of the question.

And no, I wont jump ship.

Thx for your help.

Yo767
5th Apr 2012, 11:37
Option 1: You pay the bond
Option 2: You jump ship

Which part you don't understand?

Luke SkyToddler
5th Apr 2012, 14:12
Chances of arguing or negotiating a reduction with them, is pretty much zero. And as soon as you hand in your notice they'll cancel your exit permit.

So I'd say your stark choices are either jump ship without giving notice, or pay the full amount, or expect to stay in Doha until you can pay.

Ask around the crew room for the story of the Panamanian F/O from a couple years back who was trapped in Doha for over a year with no job / no money / no exit permit. AAB is not renowned for being merciful :rolleyes:

stop, stop, stop
6th Apr 2012, 08:08
Wasn't me.....I think you probably knew the answer to your question!!

I have one:

End Of Service Bonuses.....Say you are on a 24 month bond. You hand in your 3 month notice period after 21 months and 1 day. Do QR pay the EOSB? Or do you need to wait for the full 24 months to elapse before resigning?

Just a hypothetical question from amongst the crews!

wasnt me
6th Apr 2012, 09:09
Option 3: If you dont have anything productive to say, better shut up and stay "dans ta bulle"

@ Itoughttheredbefood: 3 year bond unfortunately.

For the smart as* astronauts who think they are smarter than any one (oui, toi...):

What I m getting at is: apparently some ex crew used a lawyer because bond amount and training cost were not in line (CCQ/short course and still bonded for 50 000 USD), with good outcome.
It would not be something I d normally consider but I want to look at all my options should I have to leave.

Where can I find info on End of Service Bonus, and how small is it?

8che
6th Apr 2012, 22:43
You signed it didnt you. So honour it !

Presumably the legal uncertainty you had with it didnt appear when you signed the paper and needed the job.

The company have been known to be very good to those with exceptional medical/family problems regarding bonds. If you dont come into that then there is only one way to proceed and thats the right way.

iggy
7th Apr 2012, 06:21
"The company have been known to be very good to those with exceptional medical/family problems regarding bonds. If you dont come into that then there is only one way to proceed and thats the right way. "

No, they have not. Absolutely not. I can tell by my own experience.

wasnt me
15th Apr 2012, 17:11
@ 8che:

Indeed they have not, at all! Many of my colleagues including myself can confirm that...

As for the paper that had to be signed when I needed the job: I left a very nice home job to come here, agreeing on certain conditions and bond. Pretty hard to refuse to sign a new paper when you relocated here and quit your home job, sold your house, and took your family isn't it?

Was that the company acting in 'the right way' to you?

But as mentioned earlier. I do have an exceptional situation, and at least, I will act the right way, what remains to be seen by this company..