PDA

View Full Version : QLINK to get a new Chief Pilot

teggun
5th Apr 2012, 09:45
It was announced today the current Chief Pilot will move onto a more senior role within the company and will be replaced by NM who is currently Manager Flying Operations for Jetstar in Sydney.

It certainly appears they are starting to ramp QLINK up for something, only time will tell.

What can we expect with the incoming new guy.

ratpoison
5th Apr 2012, 10:08
What can we expect with the incoming new guy.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha, sweet nightmares lads! :D

Mud Skipper
5th Apr 2012, 11:49
starting to ramp QLINK up for something

CRJ's is the talk on the street.

How many types do we need to replicate the Ansett folly? :ugh:

my oleo is extended
5th Apr 2012, 12:51
Why not also bring back Big Trev?
Could also add some 146's, a few rickety ol 767's, a 747 (just the one) and for ****s and giggles throw in an F28 !!!

kellykelpie
5th Apr 2012, 14:02
Proof that Holland's drug laws aren't working...

PropDoc
5th Apr 2012, 15:14
Hahha... CRJ's... I highly doubt it.

The C series is another wet dream too.

PD

my oleo is extended
5th Apr 2012, 21:10
Don't worry Kellie. The more aircraft type there are means the more opportunities for you to fulfill your elusive dream - working the business class section and choosing the best times for a meal break, based on seniority of course!

flying-spike
5th Apr 2012, 21:33
Don't get them too excited Oleo, they still think pilots get to decide airframes! As far as differences they can expect:
Try a new aiming point on the floor to reach for during "tea and biccies" so the messages from the checking then training department get adequate penetration while you are touching your toes.
Also a name change to Jetstarlink because the old name became a liability.

Steady as she sinks boys! (and girls)

startingout
5th Apr 2012, 21:57
ex ansett/jetstar all jet time, makes me think something is about to happen

my oleo is extended
5th Apr 2012, 22:55
Spike, speaking of 'touching ones toes', where is Keliebulldog? I am ready for my tea and bikkies now!!
As for Onestar, the place is like one giant Easter Egg - crack it open and there is nothing inside, just like AJ and BB's personalities!

Hugh Jarse
5th Apr 2012, 23:32
So where is Snake going?

I bet the troops are ecstatic to be seeing the back of him :ok::}

2020Balance
5th Apr 2012, 23:39
"It certainly appears they are starting to ramp QLINK up for something, only time will tell"

Heard the other day from the Syd refueler that Qlink is adding another 3 717's in Brisbane. ie 5 in total operated by Cobham. All the guys/girls that wanted a Bne base got it. Only a couple turned it down after talking to the missus. So 3 more 717's will mean about 30 pilots which will have to come from outside.

Also heard the Syd refueler is getting a new truck.

Going Nowhere
5th Apr 2012, 23:44
This might be the start of the breakup of the Bankstown Aero Club!

Who will ST hide behind when he ***** up now? :E

kellykelpie
6th Apr 2012, 01:16
Bikkies on the way Captain Oleo (but it wasn't my toes they touched :E).

toolish
6th Apr 2012, 01:44
Snake :ok: sums it up nicely.

Shed Dog Tosser
6th Apr 2012, 02:07
I'd wager the changes have more to do with big brother feeling the regulatory pressure, " Do something or we will ".

dodgybrothers
6th Apr 2012, 02:41
lock up the oxygen...

Hugh Jarse
6th Apr 2012, 03:39
I see that Fat Bastard is coming back to screw another part of the business :ugh:

speedjet
6th Apr 2012, 06:52
Maybe Evan will reappear. He always managed to come back in a higher position than when he left.

Muff Hunter
6th Apr 2012, 08:26
God help the Qlink fraternity..

Shed Dog Tosser
6th Apr 2012, 08:59
Maybe Evan will reappear.

Rumour has it, that bridge was burnt last time.

Prince Niccolo M
6th Apr 2012, 09:43
Evan's a bit busy exerting all of his jet experience on the folks at Airnorth. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Apparently CASA have decided to extend his godlike qualities so that he can show the natives all about stick shakers. :eek: :eek: :eek:

By the time he escapes, QLink will be even further beneath him... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

The Pirate
6th Apr 2012, 10:46
Not for nothing (actually it WAS for nothing) that in JQ he was nicknamed "The Oxygen Thief"

It just proves yet again the "Peter Principle" is alive and well in Airline management.

vigi-one
6th Apr 2012, 22:01
What, now the Jetstar culture polluting the QLink culture..............

Was this appointment advertised? The Snake to a higher Management Role?

No wonder everyone is leaving to Virgin, alliance and alike.

Sunnies and Eastern wont be flying the C Series it will be a new (or old - Southern) company to undercut everyone.

noclue
6th Apr 2012, 23:42
Meanwhile the QLD fleet manager is now an ex QF cabin crew manager :D

rmcdonal
7th Apr 2012, 00:22
Meanwhile the QLD fleet manager is now an ex QF cabin crew manager
As is the NSW fleet manager, and by most accounts he is doing a good job of it. :ok:

Dragun
7th Apr 2012, 05:41
The current NSW Fleet Manager is an absolute champion and one of the best people managers I've seen in my time.