PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ Link FO Info

ZKSUJ
1st Apr 2012, 01:06
Hey Guys

Would anyone be able to enlighten me on the pay/pros/cons/perks/catches etc etc for a first officer role at Air NZ link (All of the links if possible)

I tried to find info on this but am unable to find anything recent enough that can be relative to how it is today.

Cheers

ZKSUJ
1st Apr 2012, 20:53
Was looking at any info on Air Nelson in Particular if possible.

kiwilad
3rd Apr 2012, 09:41
All recruiting is done thru AKL now. Process much the same, all the managers from the Links involved. Is no longer possible to just apply to one operator. You can put down your preferred but I am not sure how much weight it carries.

All got good route networks. Eagle quickest to command, heading back to 1-2yrs. Air Nelson 3yrs depending on base. Cook is getting some upgrades after the 600 announcement.

Things are all much of a muchness. Fo starting salary 30k, 50k and 70k respectively.

Air NSN a good lifestyle choice with a few nice locations to choose from. Eagle is a stepping stone and has a lot of movement. Cook another good lifestyle choice.

Bases Cook has CHC and likely another in the North Is in the future. Air NSN main centres and a few regional. Eagle more regional bases.

Movement to Air NZ is minimal. Loyalty to the links does not appear to translate to a shorter path to Air NZ.

PB and J* seem to enjoy taking people from the Links.

With the new process it is an eggs in one basket scenario. I missed out on one link and got into another so I don't think this applies with the new system.

Hope this helps.

:ok:

ZKSUJ
3rd Apr 2012, 10:17
Cheers Kiwilad, I am aware you can't choose anymore but was wondering about Air Nelson in particular. I sent you a PM

Regards

Sqwark2000
3rd Apr 2012, 11:32
I've been at Cook for nearly 5yrs and havent cracked $70K base yet.

I think it's about high $50K for nil ATPL/subjects (pay band 3) and early mid $60's with ATPL's (pay band 6). If you do start with ATPL's then you go straight to pay band 6 and stay there until you would normally achieve pay band 7 (after 4yrs).

50% training pay during ground school and type rating. Full pay from first revenue flight. Allowances from Day 1.

12 F/O's to be upgraded prior to xmas, and 24 F/O's to be employed & trained by xmas also, first 4 F/O's called for starts the day after announcement for 600's :)

AKL base for 600's to open between new a/c No.'s 3 & 4, approx this time next year.

kiwilad
4th Apr 2012, 09:36
Sorry I am a bit out of date. :ugh:

Links are a good lifestyle. Or so it appears at Air NSN and Cook with lengthening times to command.

If you don't want to wait for your command PB ( VA NZ ) or j* are always looking.

:ok:

SkySurfin
4th Apr 2012, 16:26
Air New Zealand mainline have finally announced another ground course in May. From what I have heard there should be plenty more starts in the next 12 months. We are starting to see a steady flow of retirements which is also promising.

Water Wings
5th Apr 2012, 01:18
Air New Zealand mainline have finally announced another ground course in May.
From what I have heard there should be plenty more starts in the next 12 months.
We are starting to see a steady flow of retirements which is also
promising.

I don't know what to believe anymore. This week I have heard two very different stories, both from people sitting on 'yes' letters.

One story was yes, starts with mainline will be a regular thing now and the 'yes' pool will be depleted by this time next year.

Second story was yes, five starts in May but that will be it for the year.

Anyone out there who has actually had word DIRECT from Fanshawe Street want to chip in with perhaps a third story?:}

Hold_Short
18th Feb 2013, 23:01
Any information on upcoming interviews for the NZLink in April?

DeltaT
19th Feb 2013, 07:40
Arc calculations while flipping a piece of paper (wtf?)
General knowledge quiz
Team exercise
IR questions for distraction while doing the sim ride (gee no wonder most airlines operate a sterile cockpit while doing an instrument approach)
Being shouted at in a scenario to test your customer service skills (must happen a lot)
Behavioural interview (tell us a time when xyz...)
Lunch (rolls where the filling drops out the back of it kind)
Licence log book check
Flight Plan exercise (nothing like real life and I am not sure some of the scenerios have a solution)
Expect psychometric questions to be done online in the week prior to the interview session.

Quite a few pilots attending know what to expect, from fellow pilot friends, right down to individual questions, which makes it a bit tough if you don't.

Lock down the privacy on your Facebook profile etc as they are checking that while you are there.
Wear a white shirt and plain tie as you need to present as a conservative conformist who doesn't stand out and tows the company line.
Say No when asked if you have ever or thought about Parachuting, being the safety conscious non risk taker that you are of course. -Unlike the risks undertaken to get where you are as a pilot and entrusting your life on a metal tube flying through the air with lots of rivets in close formation and relying on the whirly bits out the window to keep you up there. Nevermind the terrorists.
:rolleyes: :}

waren9
19th Feb 2013, 09:27
Mainline made public its training plan for 2013 a few months back. A significant movement this year compared to previous.

I dont have it but it shouldnt be that hard to get hold of

FGC
20th Feb 2013, 23:25
Is there a kind soul out there who could perhaps PM some probable Link interview questions, sim profile etc? Desperate to return to NZ for the family.

Arc calculations while flipping paper???

DeltaT
21st Feb 2013, 03:41
DME Arc coming round for the approach.

Have to turn the paper over every 15secs mark it with a x or o while answering questions on how many miles of arc, how many degrees etc etc

Makes no difference re sim profile, can be anywhere they pick on the day.
Take off, turns etc, position orientation, then back for the approach.
Arc, NDB, VOR, ILS. Maybe no ILS and all NDB work, just luck of the draw.

D-Unit
29th Apr 2013, 01:58
Hi all. Does anyone have any current info on Ts & Cs at Eagle? Got offered a ground course and trying to weighing up whether or not to accept. I have an ATPL and 4500TT if that helps

DeltaT
29th Apr 2013, 08:23
??? If the offer has been formally made to you, then the way is clear for you to ask for that information from them without hurting your position.

Frying Pirate
31st May 2013, 11:23
I'm after a new job. Considering Air NZ Link among a few other outfits. Is the Pilot's Employee Collective Agreement published somewhere online for anyoone to see? In Aus, all similar agreements can be found online. Just wanting to explore my options and see which mob is worth putting effort into getting a job with. Cheers

27/09
31st May 2013, 19:32
Frying Pilot

You don't get the choice of which link operator, you interview and get told where. Doubt the collectives are on line anywhere.