PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird problem caused by my own stupidity

aspac
31st Mar 2012, 23:58
Good morning,
You guys very kindly helped me solve a problem a few months ago and I'm hoping for the same this time. At the outset, let me say it was made worse by my own stupidity in trying to correct a problem. I should have left well alone!
I'm a Thunderbird fan, use Thunderbird 11.0 for email and could uninstall/reinstall except I don't want to risk losing current content.
The problem: in Drafts (and, fortunately, only in Drafts) all messages suddenly were listed, from yesterday, as "from" me rather than (as always in the past) who they were "to" (the intended recipient's name). I clicked on "From" and only made the problem worse: the "from" button has disappeared - and so has the list of who the message is from (me).
What do I click to have it return to showing who the message in drafts is "to"? I often have 20 or more messages in drafts and it's a pain to have to guess and open each time. I've closed Thunderbird and reopened it - but there's no difference.
Many thanks in advance.

le Pingouin
1st Apr 2012, 02:04
Look at the right hand end of the line immediately above the e-mails, where you're seeing column headings such as "Subject" and "Date". You should see a divided rectangle with a down arrow - click on it & tick the columns you want to see, presumably "Recipient" and "From" or "Reset columns to default".

You can also get there by right clicking on one of the existing column headings.

Another possibility is you've done something that "minimises" the column so that it's still there but dragged across to minimum size - look carefully for column dividers if you think this might be the case.

aspac
1st Apr 2012, 04:18
le Pingouin: Whoopee! You're a genius. I followed your step-by-step instructions. Problem solved in a couple of clicks. Happy again. Many thanks. How infuriatingly simple it was to solve a seemingly insoluble problem. Your first paragraph did the trick.