PDA

View Full Version : Transport Security Program for Private jet?

nomorecatering
30th Mar 2012, 12:19
Does one have to have a Transport security programme if you own your own you own private turbine aircraft. Something heav(ish). Like a Global or what ever. I was told anything turbine over a certain thrust level, weight or something or other required a TSP.

Did a search and only turned up gobbldegook.

I can imagine my interview with DOTARS or what ever they call them selves these day.

DOTARS: So Mr nmc, tell us about your security programe.

Me: I have the keys to the aircraft and are kept in my pocket .......so phark orf.

Guess you cant swear at a gov dept these days.

compressor stall
30th Mar 2012, 21:30
My reading of the regs is that you do need a tsp.

The regs aren't too bad to get around (not great but seen worse:}) There's the Transport Security Act 2004 and the Transport security Regulations 2005. Google them for the comlaw website and download.

The revelant regs describe a prescribed air service as an air service that Uses a jet. The act says that an air service is using an aircraft to transport pax or goods.

Yes, telling DOTARS where to so might not be your best move.

FJ44
30th Mar 2012, 21:54
Yes you do. :rolleyes:

chimbu warrior
30th Mar 2012, 22:37
If you use Hawkers as your handler, they have some very useful information to enable you to satisfy these requirements.

Pass-A-Frozzo
31st Mar 2012, 07:47
Yet another cost on business.. :suspect:

Best bet with these Government document requirements is just to sit down and write it...

Experience shows that you'll spend more time fighting it than it would have taken to write it.

Worrals in the wilds
31st Mar 2012, 08:29
If you know anyone else with a private aircraft that has an approved TSP, ring them and see if they'll either 1. give you a look at their plan because you're a mate or 2. give you a look at their plan for a bottle of scotch, small fee, your first born etc. Maybe there's something you know lots about that you could assist them with in return.

A lot of community groups use this method to share OH&S policies, anti harassment policies and similar useless government crap that gets inflicted on small businesses. :ugh:

Howard Hughes
31st Mar 2012, 22:08
If you find one (or someone with the knowledge to write one) let me know.:ok:

tail wheel
1st Apr 2012, 03:45
I have received an email offering "a couple of TSP which I've done for various operators, all approved."

Email me if you want copies: tailwheel (at) pprune.org