PDA

View Full Version : SIC OPERATION OUTSIDE THE USA. Any Idea

glideslopealive
29th Mar 2012, 17:55
Hello everyone, I hold an FAA CPL/AMEL/IR/Beech 1900 SIC type. I am being hired to privately fly an N-registered Beech King 350 for the owner here in Africa. I know that I do not require a type to fly the king 350 as SIC in the USA, but outside the USA, I am required to have the type on my FAA certificate. Apart from doing an SIC type, does anyone know how I can go about this. A friend told me that under FAR Part 91, if I work for 135 operation I could have 3 landings and take-offs done under the supervision of either my chief pilot or DFO, and the training records taken to my local FSDO or DPE to obtain an SIC endorsement. I also want to find out if it is possible to obtain a Pilot authorization from the FAA to fly the King 350 as SIC outside the USA. Thanx

MarkerInbound
29th Mar 2012, 22:45
I am required to have the type on my FAA certificate. Apart from doing an SIC type, does anyone know how I can go about this.

So you want the SIC type but you don't want to "do" the type. Do you have any idea what is required to issue a SIC type? Go look at FAR 61.55. Your friend has jumbled a couple parts of the regulation together. Yes, the FAA will give you an authorization to fly as SIC overseas, it's called a SIC type rating.