PDA

View Full Version : Oddity on Gmail

vulcanised
29th Mar 2012, 14:23
I usually view my inbox using Opera and have found that if I click on the r/h slider, intending to scroll up or down, the display slides to the left instead. Similar unwanted behaviour from the lower slider, giving vertical scroll !

Anyone had and cured this annoying behaviour?

taxydual
30th Mar 2012, 05:27
That's weird! I've never heard that one before.

You don't happen to have your monitor laid on it's side do you?

Seriously, the only thing I can suggest is to check out your scrolling mouse wheel. I'm assuming you have a scrolling wheel.

Ah, a thought. Is your mouse a wireless mouse? Mine does weird things when the batteries are low

rgbrock1
30th Mar 2012, 14:37
vulcanised:

I used gmail exclusively and have never seen, or heard of, this issue. Does your gmail window exhibit the same behavior in browsers other than Opera?

OFSO
30th Mar 2012, 16:36
May I be permitted to add another g-mail oddity ?

For the past two days I was unable to access my g-mail on Big Computer (XP, Browser 8) since as soon as I entered my password the page refreshed (note: the password was not rejected).

Cleared the cache, chastened the cookies, entered www .google.com (http://www.google.com) as a preferred site.

Nothing helped.

Finally reset Big Computer to two days ago and everything works perfectly again.

During this time Little Computer (7, Browser 8) worked fine as did Mr Android and Mr Fedora.

Needless to say, I hadn't made any change to Big Computer (other than the usual oaths and curses fundamental and necessary to using Microsoft products).

vulcanised
30th Mar 2012, 16:49
I've never tried using anything other than Opera and this odd behaviour only occurs on Gmail. Gmail does seem to have its funny ways - have you ever tried to print a page using the browser Print instruction? It doesn't work too well and you have to use the instruction supplied on the gmail page to get it to work properly.

OFSO
30th Mar 2012, 17:45
My g-mail DOES print OK using the IE8 browser button. But as you say there are some strange things out there. I rely heavily on google for translation - I speak several langauges but when I have to write them I'm hopeless so need a "higher source" such as google - translation copy or print is a bit hit-or-miss, sometimes copying only part of the text and sometimes the whole damn page.