PDA

View Full Version : Oml restriction/middle east recruitment

mach79
29th Mar 2012, 13:36
I'm looking for advice please regarding my OML to my Class 1 medical which I have just regained due atrial fibrillation which has now been "cured"- I am on no medication.Problem is my restriction may last 2 years by which time I probably will be too late/too old since I would like to have went off to some of the Middle East carriers which I'm qualified for, but they state "no restrictions" on medical.

Could someone please advise me if I were to obtain an FAA ATPL-the medical of which I understand I would have no limitation on-be an answer to the question of having an unresticted medical, albeit that all my ratings would be on my JAA ATPL?

It is extremely difficult to contact the carriers direct on such a question, and I'd dearly like to know if its feasible.
Any answers appreciated.

slowjet
1st Apr 2012, 19:05
If you are offering your JAA licence, the asociated medical has a restriction . You are aware that employers ask for a "unrestricted Class one medical". If you can get the FAA ATPL, and, as you say, the Class one Medical will not carry the restriction, that, must be the way to go.
Good luck. play the game.

clearfortheoption
1st Apr 2012, 21:38
I am sorry for the off topic but could you tell how long it took you to regain your medical with the OML restriction please?

Thanks and good luck
CFTO

mach79
2nd Apr 2012, 09:06
Thanks slowjet