PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Amiri aiircraft liveries?

newscaster
29th Mar 2012, 12:45
One and only 747SP still in old state livery all others in similar colours were repainted in QR scheme or phased out, while the one and only A340-300 was stripped of QR livery and painted all white but still flying since the past few years for amiri, was it meant to be sold?

A300Man
29th Mar 2012, 17:43
The sole A340-300 (ex Mandarin Airlines) was painted all white in the hope of being sold. It has now been repainted into the new QR colours again, this time with the smaller Oryx on the tail, and is now in Doha I believe, once again operating for the Amiri Flight.

There is an A332 and an A313 both in the newer QR colours with the big Oryx. In addition to that, there are two smaller A320 aircraft in the new QR colours as well.

The old QR colours still adorn an A345, A342, A320, A319, plus some small Global Challenger aircraft. All are starting to look a bit faded on the outside.

There is a single A332 which is all white, but with a silver band around the forward fuselage, just aft of the L1 door.

Of course, there is the old 747SP still in the old Qatar Amiri State of Qatar burgundy colours. That aircraft is based in Europe and is the personal transport of the current Amirs father, and the former Amir of Qatar.

Finally, there is currently an all white Boeing 747-800 at Boeing Field, getting ready for delivery to the Amiri fleet. This will go for outfitting prior to delivery. I am unsure what colours it will be painted in.

And, I have undoubtedly missed something from this vast VIP fleet.

newscaster
31st Mar 2012, 18:07
You missed the C-17 Galaxy and A310 any idea why the 747SP never got new livery, also the 748 delievered in Feb wasnt it for Qatar? how many did they order?

Eye off the ball
1st Apr 2012, 05:56
What's a C-17 Galaxy? (a Galaxy is a C-5 and Qatar have none. A C-17 is a Globemaster of which they have 2).

In any event, the C-17s are Qatari Air Force not Amiri, unless you're going to try and claim that the Mirages and Alphajets are VIP transport too?

newscaster
1st Apr 2012, 12:23
It might be Air Force but is flying for Amiri thats why it has the friendly commercial look painted on it, otherwise like sister ship it could have been in drab military scheme.

As for the galaxy and globemaster mix up not a big issue I got C-17 right, its like saying DC-10 Tristar.

A300Man
1st Apr 2012, 16:02
I did mention the A310 in my second paragraph. It's the A313 (ie A310-300). The 748 delivered in Feb was for Qatar Amiri flight, although it's not painted yet. It's still all white.

Completely forgot about the Globemasters.

The 747SP still in old burgundy State colours: not sure why. Maybe in consideration of the heritage associated with it's current passenger? Not sure.

HamFan
1st Apr 2012, 18:21
You're both wrong: it's a "Globemaster III". The "Globemaster" is the C-74.

And it has a goat on the tail.