PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling & Planning Software

nancycahille
28th Mar 2012, 12:01
Hi,

I work with a construction company which have many projects at different locations with lots of employees working under multiple projects. Sometimes those employees are rescheduled from their normal working hours and assigned to a new one due to project requirement. Scheduling and rescheduling consumes lot of time and its an hectic job. Can someone recommend me a software which can provide efficient scheduling of resources ?

Milo Minderbinder
1st Apr 2012, 18:03
I thought someone here with more experience than me would answer this one!
Nancy - take a look at this list
Top 25 Open Source Project Management Apps : Mr. Manager (http://mastersinprojectmanagement.org/top-25-open-source-project-management-apps.html)
Something there may suit. However I've never used any of them so they come with recommendation or comment

ZFT
1st Apr 2012, 21:28
If you are looking for a scheduling package only it might be worth looking at Wallchart.

We've used it for quite some time now and find it a very flexible scheduler (for our application).

nancycahille
18th Jun 2012, 07:19
@ZFT

Hi,

Thanks for replying me back. What are the main features of the software (wallchart) and brief me about the price structure of the same .

ZFT
18th Jun 2012, 14:22
Their website is really quite informative and will give you far more information on what you require than I can as our application is tailored for our specific needs.

Pricing is so dependent upon individual applications. We are very content with their package and pricing having used their product for some 13 years now.