PDA

View Full Version : Ozrunways thread closure

nitpicker330
27th Mar 2012, 23:45
Tail wheel........what are you smoking my friend?

Ozrunways might just be the biggest single development in recent history, the two developers regularly contribute good working information in here about their app and how to use it.
Too many complaints and too much advertising???????

So you close the thread??????

You Pprune people really have lost the plot.

Now grow up and leave genuine threads that interest the Pilot community and actually contribute a lot AND LEAVE IT ALONE.

I must be dreaming......

VH-XXX
28th Mar 2012, 01:55
To keep things fair there could be an Avplan thread too.

NitP is right. There would likely be far more revenue from extra visitors versus a paid advert from the OZRuunways guys.

Also, as I understand it, advertising on Pprune cannot be targeted per region, so by advertising OZRunways to Pprune, it goes out the whole world....

Bevan666
28th Mar 2012, 02:18
Too many complaints? From who? Avplan? Turns out bagging your competitors in a thread doesn't work, so instead you complain to have it shut down?

I can assure you there were no complaints from us.

nitpicker330
28th Mar 2012, 03:07
This whole forum is supposed to be for Pilots by Pilots.

Information such as this is invaluable to all of us out there.

As far as I could see there was nothing Political or libal anywhere in the thread and to use the excuse of free advertising and complaints is just childish.

So, unlock the thread and let us ( we the Pilots ) have our thread back.

Howard Hughes
28th Mar 2012, 04:44
Perhaps he's an Android user...:E

Wally Mk2
28th Mar 2012, 04:44
No 'nit' the whole forum is a commercial venture,no money in a thread like the one under discussion here. You won't win with the Mods,they have big sticks trust me!:ugh:

Wmk2

seconds
28th Mar 2012, 04:49
Agreed! I am also running a service for pilots which is free to use and helpful to the greater community, however it is considered advertising on Prune. I can not afford over $600 a month for advertising on Prune as my site is run by volunteers and any money we get form our advertisers helps keep the site going. Its sad as most people on here especially in the GA & Q section are helping each other out. I tihink the interaction between developers and users was great.

Anyway if you interested in a free service for us Aussie Pilots to buy and sell your equipment, recommend you Google something along the lines of "second hand pilot" :E

rjtjrt
28th Mar 2012, 04:54
I have suggested to Baswell that he start a Forum section on the Ozrunways web site.
If this comes about no more uncertainty about where to go for advice and suggestions for the Ozrunways team.
John

VH-XXX
28th Mar 2012, 05:15
Wally is on the money.

No 'nit' the whole forum is a commercial venture

Professional Pilots Rumour Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Pilots_Rumour_Network)

PPRuNe is known in European and English Speaking Pilot circles and is cited by media in reports relating to aviation. Since the site has more than 250,000 registered members, many of them pilots, the site is sometimes at the center of debates about aviation issues in the news. Commercial pilots often share insights and perspectives about aviation mishaps, sometimes eyewitness accounts.

The site was acquired in August, 2008 by Internet Brands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands).

Aussie Bob
28th Mar 2012, 07:55
Tailwheel, aint you a dude? One of the best threads here and you stop it. What an egg!

I guess there was too many pages on it anyway so perhaps it is time to start another Ozrunways thread.

tail wheel
28th Mar 2012, 09:03
I reviewed the seven Reported Posts and read this thread. I will admit I wasn't following the Ozrunways thread very closely.

The thread has been reopened.

Please consider the PPRuNe no advertising policy.