PDA

View Full Version : Courteous with a Sense of Humour

frigatebird
27th Mar 2012, 21:33
A week or so ago, I received a bill for a Landing to a Full Stop, $13.08 plus GST. As I hadn't even flown that day, and haven't visited the location in the Cessna for years anyway, I wrote on it to that effect, and added the note that I was now owed a stamp to cover my advice. Expecting to receive another bill next month, and having to go through the same thing again, as happened 7 years ago when I got a bill for landing at Tamworth on the day I was actually in Tennant Creek, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday.
An envelope arrived in the mail containing an Adjustment Note account to zero, and a handwritten note 'Apologies for the inconvenience caused, Kind Regards',
Attached was a 60 cent stamp..

Now wasn't that nice....?!

Jabawocky
27th Mar 2012, 22:19
Avdata?

I had a double up with geraldton council last year where they owed me $20 or something, I said don't worry about it, or if you would like to go to the trouble donate it to the local RFDS, to which they did.

The lady even sent me a copy of the remittance slip.

Most folk are good people.:D

Fieldmouse
27th Mar 2012, 22:36
I have seen this from both sides over the years and really, some owners act like you've asked for their first born to be sacrificed and some councils act like aircraft owners are responsible for the national debt. In reality most people see errors for what they are. When you are transcribing 40,000 rego's a year councils occasionally get it wrong, and occasionally the owner doesn't know everywhere their aircraft has been.