PDA

View Full Version : EJ one-way additional items

BaronChotzinoff
27th Mar 2012, 20:50
I'm sure that about 6 months ago I booked for hold luggage for return leg only, but now I am trying to add Sports Eq to my outbound leg Luton - SFX and finding I can only book it for both legs - it does state it's "£25 per item per flight". Does anybody know if it's possible to pay at the airport for just the single leg as it's impossible online?

Anansis
27th Mar 2012, 21:24
I have the same problem. I book my easyJet flights in bulk to save on administration fees. On some flights I require checked baggage, on others I don't. Unfortunately the easyJet booking system doesn't allow customers to add extra services to specific flights- it's all or nothing.

It appears to be a quirk of the system rather than a money making ruse. It is possible to add extra services (e.g. baggage or sports equipment) after you've flown your first sector (or two), but you have to add them to ALL future bookings- very annoying.

Whatever you do, DONT pay at the airport. It is far more expensive than prebooking online. It's probably cheaper and easier to just bite the bullet and pay for both sectors before you fly, frustrating as that may be.

Hopefully there's a workaround solution to this problem which I haven't come across but I doubt it :(

boardingpass
27th Mar 2012, 21:50
A lot of things that can't be resolved online CAN be resolved via the call centre... Don't wait until you arrive at the airport

0843 104 5000 5p per minute 0800-2000 daily...

Anansis
28th Mar 2012, 10:08
I know it seems silly but I'd never really considered the phone. I expected that any phone number (if it existed) would be premium rate and only offer limited options.

Possibly a reflection of growing up in the internet/loco airline age.

RJ100
28th Mar 2012, 11:29
A little over a year ago Flybe also removed the option of paying for one way only bag.
It appears to be the latest way of forcing you to pay for more than you need.
RJ.

ExXB
28th Mar 2012, 11:46
The two letter IATA codes for Squeezy are U2 (UK) and DS (Switz.) and the three letter ICAO codes are EZY and EZS

EJ is New England Airlines :ok:

BaronChotzinoff
30th Mar 2012, 18:43
Thanks for the advice (need to change my email address so didn't realise anyone had replied) - in fact I rang their helpline today and it was no problem to book there and then at £25 for the single sector, what it says on the tin.

Though I do find myself getting slightly embarrassed on Stelios' behalf at some of the unwarranted cynicism against EJ expressed on this thread, given the ease of booking and the friendly, good-natured young Espagnolese on the phone (as it sounded like) that made the call even a pleasurable experience. ;)