PDA

View Full Version : Destination Ronda

clarion18
24th Mar 2012, 19:21
Hi,

I'm planning a couple of weeks aerial touring in Spain in May. We particularly want to spend a few days in Ronda and do some of the lovely hill walks. Granada seems the most obvious landing spot because of good train links. However, we were wondering if there were any private GA fields close to our final destination. We're taking an AG5B.

Thanks

beachbumflyer
24th Mar 2012, 21:19
Sevilla, Málaga and Córdoba are closer.

cavortingcheetah
26th Mar 2012, 04:06
Perhaps a contact here?
Real Aeroclub De Córdoba - Local Business | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Real-Aeroclub-De-Córdoba/231262143554777)
or here?
aeroclub.in (http://www.aeroclub.in/)
or there's always LEMO if you've some US air force contacts.
Gibraltar? A theoretical twenty minutes longer by car than from Malaga.
Thinking of which, you could always drop a note to the Spanish Air Attache at the embassy in London, telling him that you represented the Free Rock Society, whose membership was composed of Poms who wanted to hand Gib back to its rightful owners. You're on a fact finding mission to Spain so that you can make a presentation to your members on return of Spain's local fitness to govern the inhabitants of Gibraltar? (Rather like the British attitude to Greece and the Elgin Marble). Might you please have clearances to land and leave at LEMO for a few days while you carried out your research in the interests of furthering Anglo-Spanish relationships?
The Spanish navy has been particularly good to me in the past.

N707ZS
26th Mar 2012, 07:54
Take a look at this, there is a strip at Ronda. No idea what its like.
Aeródromos y zonas aterrizables (http://www.vueloavela.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&punto=423&Itemid=100)

Origen: RondaPosición: N 36º 44' 15''
W 005º 06' 52''N 3644.2557
W 00506.8700Altitud: 46 m.Dirección: 14/32Longitud: 400 m.Pista: AsfaltoRadio: Notas: Info: 656834622

clarion18
27th Mar 2012, 10:11
Thanks - this is a really useful resource and has already given me pointers to new places to visit!:ok:

Aksai Oiler
29th Mar 2012, 10:44
I live 20 km north of Ronda - there is a small airfield close to Villamartin, with a hotel attached; in addition to the strip at Ronda (which I have never visited). If you need a longer airfield there is always Jerez de la Frontera, hire and car and then drive to Ronda (about 1 1/2 hrs). I live 20 km north of Ronda. Jerez is a fine facility and has nothing like the Malaga traffic to worry about (just a few pilot cadets flying around) and the odd 319 from Iberi&

Aksai Oiler
29th Mar 2012, 10:48
cavortingcheetah - maybe you should consider persuading Rajoy to give back those little bits of Morocco... :}

172driver
11th Apr 2012, 21:19
The closest (other than the strip in Ronda, which I've never heard of) would be Villamartin. TORA around 500 - 550 meters, if memory serves. Only problem there would be the lack of infrastructure, i.e. car hire. Next best LEJR, Jerez. All the mod cons, BUT BEWARE all AENA airports have recently hiked their landing charges and many (most/all) are now also mandatory handling. LEBA (Cordoba) is still OK and a nice place to fly to. Not very close to Ronda, though.