PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude Selection Guidebook

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th Feb 2000, 17:40
As I have a week off work I have conducted a little research project concerning Aptitude Selection Test Guidebooks. This forum and my email inbox are regularly peppered with enquiries about where to get good preparation material for aptitude tests. I am therefore recommending a book which covers most of what you need in a generic sense for preparing for pilot selection aptitude tests:

Title: How to win at aptitude test
Author: Pelshenke, Paul
Publisher: Thorsons
Published: Mar 1993
Format: 18cm paperback
Price: £4.99
Available: WHSmith plus others

I had a look at every relevant book in Waterstones, WHSmith, Public Library and a few independent booksellers. There is a huge variation in price and coverage. On balance this was the best book. Virtually all the styles of questions are in there (numerical, deductive, compositional, mechanical, puzzle, spatial, comprehension et al) that I have seen in the major British airline recruitment processes. Its not a massively extensive book so you only get a few pages of practice questions but it will give you a very good overall idea, relevant to many different selection processes and at reasonable cost.

Hope that helps someone, best of luck to everyone and don’t let the rejections make you miserable!

Wee Weasley Welshman
7th Feb 2000, 17:41
Whoops! Nearly forgot:

ISBN: 0722528140

Weasel
7th Feb 2000, 19:38
I haven't got the ISBN nos to hand, but amongst others, I have found the 'Kogan Page' selection to be very good, everything from numerical to verbal reasoning, and there's also a graduate recruitment one with a bit of everything.