PDA

View Full Version : Small Planet Airlines assessment

mustbeflying
23rd Mar 2012, 20:55
Hi everyone,

I´ve been calling from aviation cv to do Small Planet assessment in Lithuania.There is an ATPL knoewledge test, Oral test (about A320 or 737) and sym check.If someone has do this assessment before please contact me,thank you!

dcoded
24th Mar 2012, 10:41
I did the assessment last year, when it still was not pay 2 fly.

I passed, and I also had good recommendations from chief pilot ( I was LowTimer)

In the end I did not get the job because they went with the concept of pay 2 fly.

6Months later when AviationCV was formed and running, I got "offered" a place again with the company, but of course with that blood-sucking "contract" I declined.

I've been in contact with some people over there and AviationCV is constantly adding new terms to the contract (good or bad, I dont know)
At least I think they can not push you on to signing new agreements,
they certainly will pressure you in some ways.

The contract is made up very clever, from their point of view.
In the end, they have No responsibility for you what so ever, and
all expences and punishment fees are left upon you in case of a conflict or what ever.

Look, this is a brand new program, and I don't really think their intentions are to scam people, they have a huge company behind them ( Avia Solutions Group) and they have a lot of big companies in their group.

But really, there are no guarantees in any way and the contract is a proof of that.
They like to talk alot about you will get job heere and there after line training but the fact is they really have no clue nor any companies on the B737 at the moment except for small planet airlines.

They mention that there will be possibilities for you to be sent to China and rest of Asia.

Well look here,

All Chinese carriers are in BIG demand of Commanders,
There is some companies looking for FO's but they want really experienced ones.
I would like to say I have done my research properly because I have been in contact with many of the top Chinese recruitment agencies and they ALL
say the same

"The problem in China is that we have too many inexperienced FOs. The market is flooed. Our problem is captains and FO's with experience, so at the moment there is really no chance for close to Low timers with 500 on type and 1000ish Total"

South east asia then?

Well yes, the prospects look better.
But with that soon to be haven of P2F the demand will decrease.
And with that big crazy country named India spitting out thousands of "freshers" as they like to call them self with little or no way to go left in their glorious contry, they head out to SE Asia.
MSD, good example. And hey, lets face it, Indians require less money than we from the West to survive.

Look, this is my view of the situation currently.
Make your own and don't swallow ANY bullsh*t that any one from these companies will say to you / promise because in the end you are on your own
with a really big burden on your back.

I know how tempting the offer may sound, trust me, I've been there.
I am not arguing against P2F, I may not like it personally
But if you really consider this way, please, OPEN your eyes and look around.
Sum up all the fines, the course cost etc and you will see that once some thing in that contract POP's you might say goodbye to your loved ones because you will never, never ever (especially if you're from eastern europe)
get free from that debt, ever.

Oh and btw, the chief pilot who will be assessing you ( I hope ) will kick your ass, really.
He is good, smart and don't like wannabees. So good luck! :)

josecho86
28th Mar 2012, 06:13
I have no idea where you all people take this info from...:confused:
I was flying with them last summer and I didnt pay or know anybody who was paying while working.
they had very experienced pilots all of them with more than 1k hours on type.

if they have moved to a pay 2 fly scheme this year I couldnt tell but I would find it very strange since they contacted me to check if I was interested to go back again this summer.
the planes are very old and the roster gets changed 3 or 4 times per month but overall very nice company.

axl76fg
31st Mar 2012, 09:14
1st part :Psicometric test, math test, english test, atpl multiple choice.
2nd part: Interview: random question on 737 systems, drills, general knowledge, flight procedures and again random knowledge of all atpl subject by Ace pilot interview books.
3 part: SIm check- raw data ILS, Single engine t/o and approach, vor-dme circling, standard handling.
P.s. No A/P no A/T :ok:

737max
31st Mar 2012, 18:37
and no FD's
:ugh:

dcoded
1st Apr 2012, 00:14
Yeah, NO FlightDirector, what about that?

It is a very good thing to use to assess your capabilities.

Flying with FD is childs play.

As I told you, the chief pilot at Small Planet is good, in that sense that
he don't want to deal with any wannabes.

Know your stuff, know how to fly the airplane manually, just like the C172 you flew in flight school.

Perfect!:)

casanovass
7th Mar 2013, 08:19
Hello guys, do you know what is the selection process with smallplanet? Not via AviationCV by the way. The normal way direct entry FO on A320.
I understan there will be some phychological test & interview..? and the next day the SIM on A320.

Can you tell me a bit more precisely on those 3? Thank you very much...:ok:

kala320
9th Mar 2013, 13:15
Anyone got any information as to what comes up in the technical exams for small planet. I have 10 questions been supplied to me

Nate4Drake
8th Mar 2014, 07:05
Hi guys, have any of you participated at the Small Planet screening, or heard about some details regarding it ? The technical interview, the Sim, the ATPL questions most of all. It would be really appreciated.

And heard anything about the 6 months contract from this March to Sept 2014 ?

Nate4Drake
8th Mar 2014, 07:34
And what about the 6 months contract from March to September 2014 in Small Planet ? Anybody had any news ? They generally don't pay you in the first 6 months ? pay 2 fly ? maybe also depends from the experience you have. Our job is getting worse and worse.

Alfred76
5th Apr 2014, 18:46
To whom all these tests belong? Is it aviationcv that takes care of the assesment tests or it is the company they will send you to fly with when doing ur line training, let's say small planet?
Signing the contract and doing the type rating and in the end fail to pass their tests is a waste of money! It is better to do all these tests before the type rating if it is possible, and they can leave the part of the sim and type rating questions later caus it is a risk to fail the assesment tests after the type rating or maybe line training.
When did you do your assesment tests? before or after the type or line training?

bedix84
6th Apr 2014, 14:01
I'm going to give straight and very simple suggestion and take it as you wish:

AviationCV= leave it please, to use this agency and sign their contract you need to be fool enough! 0 knowledge of aviation and the worst of the worst ever !
you don't believe...make a survey on Prrune---good luck!

Small Planet Airlines= to use it just in case you need to be current.--salary approx= 3000 eur, no any other allowances= fixed salary!

mca320
1st Jan 2016, 19:50
Hi guys! Any information regarding the assessment of small planet this year?! Thanks