PDA

View Full Version : conversion, JAA

flyingcircus
26th Nov 1999, 19:18
Wanting info on conversion to UK licence etc. I'm an Australian with 1200TT and 100ME with a command instrument rating, Have been told to convert I would'nt get much change out of $20000A and next year this will be even more but have also heard that if next year I was to convert my licence in Poland? or Egypt? that it will be substantially less. I don't have a British passport but do have a fight to abode in the UK, Have also heard of some expats going over with 2000TT and 1000ME and that only gets them a restricted licence, This is only what I have heard but would appreciate any information any had, looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Flying Circus

pjdj777
26th Nov 1999, 19:56
"Fight to abode in the UK"?

you'd be most welcome in some pubs in my neck of the woods!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

watford
27th Nov 1999, 01:44
Doesn't anyone read the archives? The requirements for conversion of any non-JAA licence to a JAA licence in any JAA member state are:

1. An approved course of ground training comprising at least 650hours instruction.

2. A pass in all JAA ground exams (except signals if an ICAO instrument rating is held).

3. An approved course of training for the JAA instrument rating comprising 55 hours.

4. A pass in the IR Skill Test.

5. Depending on flying experience, an approved course of at least 25 hours and a pass in the CPL Skill Test.

Turbofan
29th Nov 1999, 05:34
Hey FC,

I think your best bet is to ask one of the UK flying schools. They gave me a fair bit of info when I was looking into this stuff.

Regards,
Turbofan

flyingcircus
29th Nov 1999, 06:00
Thankyou to everyone who has replied, Also watford thanks for that bit of information, but what I would like to know is what are the JAA member states, so I could find the cost of conversion other than doing it in the UK. Does anyone know of cheaper places to do a conversion if so would they know the approx. cost and also a contact number or E mail address.
cheers FlyingCircus
P.S. 777 when I do get over there I will have to a quiet ale in your neck of the woods

pjdj777
29th Nov 1999, 11:40
You're more than welcome FC, just watch out for that big bloke in the corner.

Charlie Foxtrot India
29th Nov 1999, 18:53
650 hours instruction??!! Strewth! Does that mean 650 hours dual?

------------------

watford
29th Nov 1999, 19:29
Oh, do you have dual and solo ground instruction over there?

luvly jubbly
30th Nov 1999, 07:16
Yes basically anyone who is already qualified will have to get qualified again!

I think that the UK is the only fully signed up member of JAA at present. Heared that the French & German schools told them where to shove it!
Once again us Brits caved in early. We'll be paying for training in Euros before you know it!

------------------
"Visual with the Fokker on Final"