PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Bizjet ratings ?

future G-V driver
22nd Mar 2012, 23:07
Hi, I have done a Search and found nothing, can anyone point me in the direction of a Company that offers large discounts for most Bizjet Pilot ratings. I have heard mention of this Co before. Discounts are avbl because of the volume of business they put forward.

Thank you in advance for any help.

leondelfierro
22nd Mar 2012, 23:48
Pilot Sim Brokers maybe?

PSB Business & Commercial Pilot Discount Simulator Training (http://www.pilotsimbrokers.com/)

galaxy flyer
23rd Mar 2012, 01:07
High priced type ratings is the BizJet industry's way of keeping out the riff-raff.

:O

GF

PLovett
23rd Mar 2012, 02:44
High priced type ratings is the BizJet industry's way of keeping out the riff-raff.

Pity they don't have a way to keep certain owner/operators out as well. := :ok:

galaxy flyer
23rd Mar 2012, 03:15
Very true, Mr Lovett.

GF

FrankR
23rd Mar 2012, 03:34
Hi to all,

Pilotsimbrokers is one option.

A second is Flightcrews Unlimited (flightcrews.com), they are a great agency.

A third is to get to know your account rep at CAE, they can offer good deals if you can show up at the last minute.

A fourth is to get to know someone at a large 135 operator. They get the "bulk rate" and sometimes will offer you their rate if they think you won't embarrass them.

A fifth is to apply to all the departments in China (I know a few guys over there). They are taking delivery of new iron every week! They always need fresh meat for the old geezers to snarl at (joke). They have been known to pay for a type rating or two.

Finally, I'd politely like to ask you to be be somewhat introspective and make sure you really know WHY you want to fork over this kind of cash! Who will you target to hire you once you have a type? Do you fit the profile of a right seater for this type of aircraft? If you're sharp, have a type or two, and know someone who might hire you as a right seater, then by all means, go for it. If you graduated from ERAU last year and have only been a CFI in a 172 for the last year, it's a long shot, you might be better off saving your cash.

If you want any help getting an interview in China, feel free to PM me.

FR

DTY 116.4
24th Mar 2012, 11:41
And further to FrankR's contribution, if you have a EASA licence you will need to complete a handful of take-offs and landings in the real aeroplane before the rating can be included in your licence. If memory serves, this will need to be done within three(?) months of completion of sim training. Unless you already have strong contacts among operators of your chosen type I would hazard that this would be a major obstacle.

DTY

mutt
24th Mar 2012, 15:04
Is there no ZFTT on biz jets then ? Under the FAA system, PIC rating can be completed completely in the simulator. SIC rating requires one takeoff and landing.

Mutt

BizJetJock
24th Mar 2012, 15:14
It's one of those things that are theoretically possible under the JAA/EASA rules, but in practice it's simpler and cheaper for operators to pay for the circuits.

machone
24th Mar 2012, 16:24
It is actually easier for the TRTO to submit the new paperwork and get the approval for zero time and count the landings/takeoffs during training as most do anyway. But still waiting.

CaptainProp
24th Mar 2012, 16:51
@ machone Do you mean Zero Flight Time Training?

From UK CAA website with regards to ZFTT:

Organisational Requirements

In order to be eligible to conduct ZFTT, the training organisation (TO) concerned will need to comply with the following requirements:

* It must have a specific approved arrangement with an EU-OPS operator.

* It shall ensure that the student pre-requisites are met before starting the course.

* The type rating will be restricted to that particular operator until line flying under supervision has been accomplished.

* A specific simulator session including a minimum of six additional take-offs and landings shall be conducted according to EU-OPS 1.945(d)(2).

* The Flight Simulator(s) must be suitably qualified in accordance with JAR-STD and User approved (for ZFTT) by the Authority.

* For an initial approval to conduct ZFTT, the operator shall have held an EU-OPS AOC for at least one year. This requirement may be reduced at the discretion of the Authority where the operator and the TRTO have experience of type rating training.

* Instructors for the ZFTT session must be qualified as a TRI (Aeroplanes) and those instructors completing the first four take-offs and landings of the Line Flying Under Supervision must also be TRI(A) qualified.

In other words, as far as I read this, ZFTT needs to be conducted for a specific AOC holder, the AOC holder needs to be specifically approved for ZFTT, the pilot can only fly for this specific operator until line training has been conducted and passed.

CP

Flying Mechanic
24th Mar 2012, 20:13
China can no longer find rated biz jet pilots to work there, so now the operators are doing type ratings with bonding over 3 years......good place for free rating, be prepared for waiting along time to get your license/start to flying, plenty of Bureacaucy in China.

jungle drums
25th Mar 2012, 00:27
Chinese (and HK) corporate operators can't get crew who aren't willing to sell their souls for rubbish terms and conditions.

They will always be able to find someone on the climb up the ladder though, stepping on their colleagues to get higher.