PDA

View Full Version : MSD stops recruiting

maverickFL390
22nd Mar 2012, 07:44
Ive heard that several people have received emails that their program is now full. With other words no more recruiting, now what I wonder is if anybody heard anything? Is their partnership with lion over? And why?

I heard a rumor that its because of the general low level of competence of Indian pilots, and Lion was not pleased? Can anybody confirm?

aircupidon
22nd Mar 2012, 11:21
maverick where did you hear that?and if its true where lion air will get pilots for his remaining huge order of 737?19 rated guys just join lion air 3 days ago...Even More Citilink now Start hiring A320 pilots from Msd so i think you should try to check ur infos again...!So far ,around 70 pilots and counting joining lion since last year so they cannot be all bad just think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

PT6A
22nd Mar 2012, 11:51
Yes it's true, poor standards with the guys they took on and problematic with them having an Indian DGCA licence. (takes ages for the Indonesian CAA to validate etc etc)

In future they will go back to their other sources of pilots from Europe or North America.

aviator_88
22nd Mar 2012, 13:52
Got the same mail few days ago. They were supposed to have JAA/FAA batch for March but nothing happened. No batch was formed. They have some problems with Lion. Maybe there is some other agency recruiting now.

maverickFL390
22nd Mar 2012, 15:35
aircupidon, first of all i received an email from msd saying that they are not recruiting anymore, thats my infos.. Directly from msd

aircupidon
22nd Mar 2012, 15:53
ok buddy i got it just thought it was just a rumour....im Sorry to hear that...but did you try California Falcon Aviation?

maverickFL390
22nd Mar 2012, 18:49
aircupidon, i did not intend to apply to MSD anyhow, it was just for infos i emailed them, their contract was dreadful however I will apply to Falcon. Do you have any infos on falcon or eagle?

takamasa
22nd Mar 2012, 18:58
i know they are in contract with multiple airlines, does it situation only apply to lionair or other of their clients as well??

thanks a lot for reply.

aircupidon
22nd Mar 2012, 19:16
There is a thread that i opened about falcon aviation Maverick its on the interview section page 3,you can find some info regarding it,so far they did select couple pilots last week the next recruitment is for april 16th..i applied,got program detail,really interresting and still waiting for that email...:hmm:
eagle jet i tried but due to citizenship restrictions i couldnt get in wo Cafalcon is my last chance...!
Takamasa for the moment i dont know if it concern lion air only but if rumors keep going on they may lose the rest of their partner airlines!!

aircupidon
22nd Mar 2012, 19:18
you guys should try also knots aviation...they got multiple program include A320
kinda Expensive 60k euro for line training type rating and contract after 500H

aviatorzuckeberg
23rd Mar 2012, 13:13
guys wondering if MSD aviation is real or fake...how do i confirm it? plz do post any of their no's if possible...and also is it worth it?.... thanx

takamasa
3rd Apr 2012, 16:35
is msd aviation still operating?

any news regarding their a320 program?

ssauer1930
13th Apr 2012, 15:19
Just an obsevation...
You quote that they 'are not happy with India capabilities', (or something to those words).
This is sort of in jest... but also very truthful...(NOT attacking a culture)
Seems most Customer Service for companies like T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Hewlett-Packard, etc are in places like India, Guatamala, .......and just how efficient/educated/able to speak English/know what they are talking about regarding the product you are calling about, do these people seem to be???
That should answer the question as to why the company is no longer in operation....

CaptGalaxy
18th Jun 2012, 04:52
Do you guys understand how ridiculous this entire discussion is? :ugh:

I understand you're all pissed off that the Indians are taking away all your jobs but that doesnt mean you go around writing nonsense about them in random blogs and forums.:=

What do you mean that their competence is low? pilots from anywhere in the world can be good or bad, its got nothing to do with the race or nationality. Its just the way they have been trained. How/where/by whom.

I hope you do realise that most of the pilots in the past few years have been training in countries like US/Canada/UK where they manage to clear all exams and meet all standards. Just the way any other joe from other countries do.:ok:

I agree there have been a lot of pilots trained in the south east asian countries (because the training here is cheap) where the training quality by itself is of low standard.:(
When pilots log themselves 300 + hours without even flying for 50 then its only obvious they would turn out to be s#itty. :ouch:

Any and every top personality list has Indians in it and in a majority.
best entrepreneurs, the most successful businessmen, the best chess players. (yes, it only proves that Indians are smarter than most of you here in general)

^^ the above statement also holds good because i'm sure no indian around here has started a forum thread that says american pilots are bad and english pilots are worse.
(yes if you dont get it, its because we're not stupid enough to judge you by your nationality.)

Why go looking at other fields when i can give you an example of aviation. Ever heard of Red flag exercise?

Educate yourself. Stop whinning, look around.

No RYR for me
18th Jun 2012, 10:16
What do you mean that their competence is low? 70% failure rate low enough? That is the figure I heard.... Correct me if I am wrong :oh:

CaptGalaxy
25th Jun 2012, 09:39
70% failure rate low enough? That is the figure I heard.... Correct me if I am wrong But what Lion would judge is the remaining 30% who make it into the company is it not?
how does low success rate even matter then ? Besides i've heard lion's trying to revamp their image in the global market so their Sim checks are one of the difficult ones.

ps - are you associated to Lions' recruitment team? how do you know its 70%? who gave you this number?