PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building Canary Islands

howayasham041
21st Mar 2012, 16:09
Hi

Does anyone know of any companies or clubs from which I can rent a single engine A\C to build my hours for JAA CPL around the canary islands? I am moving to Fuerteventura in the next year and would like to build my hours there. Currently I am training with a well known flight college but im not fond of it and I am hoping to get my money back and stop being ripped off. If there are places I can fly what kind of prices am I looking at paying to build 90 hours(ish)?

Thanks

mustbeflying
23rd Mar 2012, 20:45
Hi, i am a pilot from canary islands you can rent planes in Tenerife or Gran Canaria to do these hours but i am not too sure about doing it in Fuerteventura...If you want to do it in Tenerife i can help you if you want ;)

mustbeflying
23rd Mar 2012, 20:47
Check this out:

php.realaeroclubdetenerife.es

www.aerotec.es (http://www.aerotec.es)

pudoc
23rd Mar 2012, 22:23
The Canaries are a very expensive place to hour build. The rates themselves are ok but everything on top of it adds up big time, especially for 90 hours.

truckflyer
24th Mar 2012, 01:40
Not being rude, but isn't that a waste of money, I mean 90 hours flying around the islands, not going to be very interesting or useful, the hour building should be for something more than burn holes in the sky, just my opinion.

I mean I lived over 1 year in Tenerife, 2 - 3 hours by car, you would go around the whole island! And Tenerife is one of the bigger islands!

I agree the weather from May is fantastic, no clouds until September, however what is the experience you get from that? You should think about this too! You probably get more experience, and cheaper going 1 month to Florida or somewhere else in the USA, never did that myself, but just a suggestion.

aviofreek
24th Mar 2012, 10:21
howayasham041 would that by any chance be Pilot Training College in Waterford?