PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane or Adelaide for flying school?

Cessna414CC
21st Mar 2012, 04:55
Anybody have comment as to the pros and cons for full time school, considering weather, airfield's proximity from comfortable living areas (not Bankstown for example), school reputation, etc. between these two cities? I am not Australian and have been to Adelaide but not yet to Brisbane. Any help is appreciated!

Flying Binghi
21st Mar 2012, 05:01
...not yet to Brisbane

Brisbane is warmer and also located near the Gold Coast - party town fer young pilots..:)

nastyevil110
26th Mar 2012, 03:33
My Advice Dont do it in AUSTRALIA at all i have been informing all flying lovers go to USA far much better and cheaper dont waste your dollars here in AUSTRALIA. Dont Do it.......my advice rest is your choice.

MajorCorporalArse
27th Mar 2012, 01:54
I've been told if you go do it in the USA you will have to re-sit the CPL exams as of start of financial year 2012/2013 from CASA - It's been big discussion about it for a while.

Whilst it is Cheaper (kind of/hardly if you include accomo, flights etc) you won't be able to come back and have employment in Aus without doing the extra CPL subjects and another flight test..

That is the rumour mill though.. so if you're willing to risk it.. go ahead :ok:

tarmac12
27th Mar 2012, 02:33
Australia you can do CPL in 150 hours for an approved course or 200 hours self paced. The US is minimum 250 hours to CPL. That hour difference sucks up most of the cost difference.

Also, if you do your CPL in Oz at a flying school outside a major city you will find its 20-30% cheaper. Maybe you should look into that first.

Seabreeze
27th Mar 2012, 04:04
nastyevil

What an amazing command of the written english language! I presume you learned these skills in the good old US of A.

If of course you were educated in Brisbane then your argument does seem to be well supported in itself.

nastyevil110
27th Mar 2012, 13:58
If you are not australian then its plus point for you then you dont have to do CASA CPL/IR conversion go to USA or even Eastern European schools are better most airlines require ICAO CPL/IR or ATPL and there is no work at all here in OZ do not waste your DOLLARS most flying schools here in oz are closed or closing down because they are hardly getting any CPL students even the locals are running away and going to phillipines or indonesia my advice dont listen to anyone i bet who ever is posting they are trying to promote their schools........as they are desperate for students to RIP THEM OFF choice is yours my friend.

Cessna414CC
30th Mar 2012, 04:03
Thanks for the posts. I am choosing Oz as it is a Country I very much enjoy that also has a great reputation for schools. The US is also a good choice to learn to fly, but I would prefer to spend some time down-under. I am still unsure as to which city.....

Jerry Lee
30th Mar 2012, 05:47
Cessna414CC, where are you from? I may be in Melbourne in July/August at MFS.
Of course, I am still looking at USA and after PPL do all the rest in the UK - the point is that emigrating to Australia permanently is one of my dreams (:rolleyes:) and I'd like to try to make it!

Xcel
30th Mar 2012, 10:50
Adelaide...

By Brisbane you mean Archerfield. Further away from city. More expensive than Adelaide.

MakeItHappenCaptain
30th Mar 2012, 17:08
Brisbane could include Redcliffe or even Caloundra or Sunny Coast.

BTW, if you want a good laugh, just have a peek at some of NastyEvil110's previous posts. His ingrish is improving, but I'd most likely suggest he's disappointed he couldn't buy a license.
Yeah! Go to the Phillipines! Plenty of Phillipino trained pilots flying for reputable Australian companies, you dcikhead! Bet you can't find me one! Then again, weren't you considering going to Equador or Panama?:D
I trained a Phillipines rated pilot for his Aus conversion who wanted to do his IFR rating as well. Took one look at some sample questions and said, " I can't do this."
Ignore .:rolleyes: