PDA

View Full Version : US pilots working for Acass canada

junkyardfreightdog
21st Mar 2012, 03:30
Are there any american pilots here that have done contract work through acass? I am looking for info on a short term contract, as in not a full year outside the USA. Do they send you any documentation for tax purposes? American companies send out a 1099 for the most part for contract work, what would a canadian company send?

FrankR
21st Mar 2012, 14:57
Gasp, call Finola and ask her!

Boomerang1
21st Mar 2012, 16:30
In 2010 they didn't send me anything. The IRS doesn't control what is done in Canada. You are responsible to report all your income.

junkyardfreightdog
21st Mar 2012, 18:04
thanks Boom, thats what I figured. Frank thank you for the sarcastic response and adding nothing to the topic.

Gulfstreamaviator
21st Mar 2012, 18:26
I am not Amercan, but would think that Canada, UK, or any other country, would not need to report earnings to the USA....

glf

FrankR
22nd Mar 2012, 01:16
In all seriousness Mr. Junk, don't you think it's best to actually communicate with the person(s) who are responsible, rather than asking the opinion of third parties who obviously don't know what ACASS will do in 2012, and who may or may not know the facts?

Really, man up, be a professional, and ask Finola the question man!

Finally, you will still need to report the income to the IRS regardless of where you earn it. You are also required to report all foreign bank accounts to the IRS.

FR

junkyardfreightdog
22nd Mar 2012, 14:28
Frank,

I have never worked for acass and don't know what/who Finola is. Thanks for the lesson on Tax law, my accountant handles that. I was recently contacted by acass during the week I was having my taxes prepared and was just curious if they sent any documentation. That is all. As it would be easier to file if you had once document rather then several email pay stubs. I am glad you jumped to a conclusion in thinking I wasn't manning up and or trying to hide income. Go kick your dog to make yourself feel better.

junkyard

dss3000
22nd Mar 2012, 17:20
Be Carefull
When dealing with Acass bottom feeders!