PDA

View Full Version : Acoperco

xtypeman
20th Mar 2012, 16:58
Just seen on CAA official record 2 that Acoperco Ltd have applied for a Type A licence and schedule and charter operating licences. Any one have any idea who they are and what they are planning.

Daifly
20th Mar 2012, 17:58
Company formed 14th March 2012

Two Directors:
Mr Peter Jolliffe, a lawyer from Slaughter and May, and Trusec Limited

Trusec (http://trusec.co.uk/) is a company secreterial service provided for clients of the lawyers Slaughter & May.

So, all nicely hidden away, but presumably the CAA must be happy with the economic control structure as they are usually more bothered about this bit than anything else.

Just out of interest Peter Jolliffe has done work for IAG in the past - handling the ongoing purchase of BMI it seems from his rather helpful website: Slaughter and May - International Airlines Group - Purchase of BMI (http://www.slaughterandmay.com/news-and-recent-work/recent-work/recent-work-items/2011/international-airlines-group---purchase-of-bmi.aspx)

Draw your own conclusions but if I were a betting man I'd reckon it's possibly related.

"Weather wise it's such a lovely day
Just say the words, and we'll beat the birds
Down to Acoperco bay
It's perfect, for a flying honeymoon - they say
Come fly with me, let's fly let's fly away"

Cyrano
20th Mar 2012, 20:04
One might hazard a guess that if IAG concluded recently that they were at risk of inheriting at least one subsidiary of bmi more than planned, they might have wanted a separate entity into which to park its assets, e.g. to facilitate a subsequent clean disposal?

Daifly
13th Jun 2012, 19:32
Acoperco changed its name today to British Airways (BA) Ltd.

I should be a detective.

brian_dromey
13th Jun 2012, 22:11
Specifically British Airways Limited. They will assume operation of the two A318s out of LCY. The sceptic in me thinks this name was chosen so that passengers don't notice they are not on "real" BA. No one is going to see BA 001/002/003/004 - OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS LIMITED on their ticket and give it a second thought. Presumably there is some cost advantage to doing this, although an entirely separate AOC for 2 aircraft and 4 daily flights seems a bit excessive. I wonder what they are cooking up on waterside.

Fairdealfrank
13th Jun 2012, 23:11
Is that "Limited" rather than "PLC"? If so, no one will give it a second glance!