PDA

View Full Version : Algarve Helicopters

Alexanderthegreat
20th Mar 2012, 12:20
Anyone know whats happened to Algarve Helicopters?, there website seems to have disappeared!.

cheers,
ATG.

cpt
20th Mar 2012, 21:22
No, Alexander, I've tried to get in touch with them by several ways last december/ early january....no luck....and nothing since.

Tazzz
21st Mar 2012, 00:11
In Alvarve Try.

HTA Helicpteros (http://www.htahelicopteros.com/)

:ok:

cjbiz
21st Mar 2012, 10:31
I heard last year that their R44 had been impounded by the authorities because of the actions of a group who rented the aircraft (self-fly) for use in some dodgy 'export/import' activities.

Any truth in this??

I guess that would spell the end for a small, one aircraft operator.

(and yes HTA are the best people to talk to down there)

staticsource
22nd Mar 2012, 16:06
Biz - Bang On

Unfortunately the is no 44 down there. It was sold last July-ish. There was a thead on here about a black and red 44 which landed in Spain :suspect:. Then it was seized by the Authorities. This was on a SFH and had nothing to do with the owners / algarve helicopters

HTA is a great place and there were plans to do training / SFH but don't know what the state of play is at the moment - worth a call

There is also Helibravo up in Cascais, it's only an hour in a 44 down to the Algarve - also a good setup.

Cheers

SS

airwolf1091
3rd Apr 2012, 10:34
Just to confirm,

This was a complete disaster for the owners, 2 very nice guys, the aircraft was hired for numerous hrs for SFH and used for purposes other than that and impounded, hence putting a stop to it being used for any income therefore they had to shut up shop.

Very sad in all cases

Aw