PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medican in the UK and flight training in Greece

Jerry Lee
19th Mar 2012, 21:07
Is it possible to train in Greece with a EASA Class 1 medical which will be issued by the UK CAA in July or is a greek class 1 medical required in order to train in Greece?

airman44
30th Mar 2012, 12:21
You can train in greece with a UK medical class 1.

truckflyer
30th Mar 2012, 15:10
To be issued a licence you will need a Greek class 1 medical, Greece will not issue you a Greek licence with CAA UK medical. However this should just be a formality, you pay a fee, and they transfer your medical records to Greece!

Jerry Lee
30th Mar 2012, 15:29
Great great great. How long does the process of transferring the records from the UK to Greece?

truckflyer
30th Mar 2012, 17:08
Depends, how chaotic Greece CAA is and UK when you do it.

Normally it is swift, when I did it from UK to Norway, it took about 2 weeks or so. You should contact UK CAA and Greek CAA!

However whatever you do in these days, do NOT ADVANCE ANY BIG DEPOSITS with Greek flight schools, or any flight schools in Europe, because if they go bust your money is gone.

Even they offer you some discounts for cash deposits, don't do it!

Greek economy is in turmoil, as is Italy, Spain and Portugal and probably some others too! So be careful.

Jerry Lee
30th Mar 2012, 18:24
Yep thank you! Bournemouth and Stapleford are still the first ones on my list.

peterh337
5th Apr 2012, 14:33
You need a Greek medical if you train in Greece for a PPL or CPL but not if you train there towards an IR, to be added onto a UK license.

I suggest you phone up Egnatia and ask them. They should know.

Jerry Lee
5th Apr 2012, 15:47
I contacted them personally and they said that it is fine:suspect: