PDA

View Full Version : I-phone & Apple warranty

ex_matelot
18th Mar 2012, 20:23
Last week I dropped my 3GS down the toilet (I'd not used it at that point!). Luckily I retrieved it within a couple of seconds and switched it off immediately.
About 6 hours later I switched it on and it acted as if no sim was present. I removed the sim drawer and left it a few more hours - It then worked but had no sound....

It now works but has a few slight irritations, nothing that really affects it's functionality but it takes the "edge" off my shiny phone knowing its now slightly flawed. Little things like the music player sometimes opening as soon as I bring it out of sleep mode or my photo albums.

I've had it on a T-mobile contract now for 8 months. I have mobile phone insurance with my bank. What is the procedure for trading in Iphones? Has anybody any experience of this? I'm aware that mobile phones have water damage detectors inside them as well so I don't think being dishonest would be an option.

Cheers.

Ancient Observer
19th Mar 2012, 11:38
My home insurance coughed up with only a bit of a quibble. They wanted to replace my phone with a cheaper one. As I would not back down on proper replacement, they paid up.
I have not tried Apple's service and repair area on their website. Try that first?