PDA

View Full Version : THIS WEEK IN OZ 18 MARCH

grip pipe
18th Mar 2012, 08:47
This week was a reminder of life when it was uneventful and before the invention of the new economy. Although it must be granted that before this, things were pretty much the same. Some recall Vietnam and misplaced intentions there, as in Afghanistan today, thus after a subcontinental version of Mai Lai occurred recently, all dutifully mumbled about staying the course or some similar fluffery, so the Girrard merely gave us some platitudes about endeavouring to keep on keeping on’ or something similar that appears to have been borrowed from a Clint Eastwood film, but Josey Wales the Girrard is not. Don Carr gave a good impression of a clown head featuring at the toss a ball sideshow and intoned about cheap hypnotists at the circus, acknowledging what we all knew anyhow. We await a recital of the Getty’s Burg Address. Name calling amongst the haves continued and a few more of the crowd were given tickets to the new economy. Nobody knows how to get the retail bus restarted and the punters are staying away from the end of season shows and don’t need the buses anyway.

Swannie continues to in tone about things laborious and has nearly mastered the strange dialect of mumbo jumbo spoken by various mandarins and other clerical circus support acts. It is a curious thing but one does have the impression that bean-counters rule the world and unless some form of statistic or gross number is attached to any utterance or media jaunt nothing can be said, it seems a plain English version of anything cannot be had which merely confirms the impression that it is all bollocks anyway. So much for international trade and globalisation. To persons aeronautical used to doing the odd number play, it does not add up and just sounds like some perverse version of the Drag formula.

On a lighter side, the old comedy routine ‘Abbott and Costello’ nearly got a re-run as an act at the big Circus but was canned at the last minute, which has audiences relieved all over OZ, as it meant endless repeats of the ‘whose on base gag’, this no doubt greatly pleased the producers of the Gruen Planet who can concentrate on the real world exposes they do so well and as usual left the Canberra Peanut Gallery in confusion and having to resort to talking to only other Peanuts.

Nothing tragic involving aeroplanes occurred and so everyone got to go home to their families safely which is always a great result at the end of the working day. Nothing eventful happened elsewhere in the world aeronautical and Ringmaster Albo continues to struggle with an unknown respiratory tract problem that renders him speechless on any subject aeronautically related. Sydney real estate followers were more in frenzy about more modest forms of transport and everybody has switched off ‘Badgerys’s Creek’ as the footy season really got underway. United intends to run the Dreamliner against the 480 across the Pacific which should be an interesting contest, who knows both might be duds. St Alan continues with the casting of the runes and a search for the means to release him from the hairshirt he wears. The price of the magic A1 remains volatile on the upside as the jargon goes, supply remain troublesome and things Middle Eastern uncertain except to those who live there. Further North the Chinese Oscars are still continuing and Mr Wu is unavailable for comment.

That’s it from Oz, until next week.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Mar 2012, 09:20
On the "West Side" story, the aspiring new Labor leader, McGo-on, has announced a High Speed Train to run from Gerald -town thru the Big Smoke to Bunberry.

This has been put into the same category by many of the local punters as akin to the Badgery Ck proposals of the 'wise men from the east' - and to follow the same time-line... :yuk:

p.s. TKS GP, for editing the 'spacings'.....:p

Frank Arouet
18th Mar 2012, 09:45
Notable exceptions to the drag formula on Oxford Street the other week were the skilled and ardent followers of the craft who run the bloody country from Tasmania and other places first settled by the pommies. The Girrard is still trying to placate PNG and the incoming US Republican government is not talking to the Senate non elect Foreign Minister.

But who cares?

woollcott
18th Mar 2012, 10:04
Of course no mention of Abbott siding with the greens to oppose the company tax break on small business, (apparently the greens are lowlifes, unless of course they support Fiberal policy)
Abbott has finally completed his collection of positions on the issue, having now variously been both for and against rising taxes on mining companies, for and against raising the company tax rate, and for and against cutting it.

No mention of his defence of the $4.2 billion (yes, you read it right, $4.2 billion) paid maternity scheme - funded of course by a company tax on big business.

Or no mention of Joe Hockey congratulating Labor on the appointment of Gonski and then turn around 24 hours later and tow the Fiberal party policy line that it should have been Costello after we all witnessed him have the usual sooking session

No mention of the 70 billion dollar funding black hole that has supposedly been costed by some independent Accounting company - most probably the same company that did it at the last election - and almost got laughed out of existence..............

cribble
18th Mar 2012, 10:12
I suggest this forum be renamed the " Strange political rants, undecipherable to all but Aussies, containing absolutely nothing relating to professional aviators" forum.:8

ozaggie
18th Mar 2012, 10:51
Cribble, I hear them cry "elect that man to the highest office in the land". Only bloke that made any sense in this thread so far.
IMHO

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Mar 2012, 10:51
Oh No!!
Did I forget to include that the said High Speed Rail is to compete with those noisy aeroplanes and allow those FIFO workers to commute to the Oakagee Port development in less time than it does to line up at YPPH. and wait....and wait.....and....
(Aviation Content)

There...:ok:

grip pipe
18th Mar 2012, 21:24
Indeed, msrs Cribble and Ozzagie, your correct. It's all bollocks.

gobbledock
20th Mar 2012, 13:16
Cribble, perhaps you are located in America or Europe where the blinded follow their beloved leaders even though those same leaders are loading their pockets at the expense of the people, while the countries are going bankrupt yet respect for politicians is still valued?
Or perhaps not, either way many Aussies are merely saying things the way they are presented factually - Politicians are a hemorrhoid on society and deserve the same level of respect that a rotting animal carcas deserves. Get the picture?
Politicians?? F:mad:k them all.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
20th Mar 2012, 14:22
Doesn't Matter.....WE KNOW about that of which we speak...

= WE know wot we're on about....if you ain't up to the latest in the local political arena.... then just grab a 'coldie', sit back and smile....:p

Carry On GP....:D:D

teresa green
20th Mar 2012, 21:55
Woolcott. 1% tax relief, 3% rise in super. Brilliant.

The Green Goblin
20th Mar 2012, 22:23
We giveth with one had and taketh with other.

In other words play coy that we have given you minions 12% super and are taxing successful companies in an unconstitutional manner.

Then announce how great we are by giving small business tax relief (but shafting them by making them pay their staff more super).

End result?

The consumer has to pay more for products and services due to increased super burdons. This capital is removed from the enconomy and given to bankers to gamble on the stock market and cause another recession through fiscal irresponsibly.

Consumers realize that the can get their products cheaper online and the retail sector dwindles.

The pollies (who have never worked a real day, nor contributed to the economy) sit around sipping lattes slapping each other on the back for a job well done.

End game? Westerners will be working in factories for the Chinese and Indians :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Oktas8
20th Mar 2012, 23:58
"In a democracy, voters get the government that they deserve."

Anyone here voted for middle class welfare recently?

Hat, coat, door...

Kharon
25th Mar 2012, 00:39
GPT - Nothing eventful happened elsewhere in the world aeronautical and Ringmaster Albo continues to struggle with an unknown respiratory tract problem that renders him speechless on any subject aeronautically related.

Minnie Bannister (muffled): What about muffiges?
Henry Crun: Has the minister of Works anything to say? What about the ministry of works, what, where is he?
Eccles: Well I chose all that furniture myself, I chose it, I chose all that furniture myself.
Henry Crun: What is all this about? What are we all here for?
Minnie Bannister: What about the drains in Hackney?
Henry Crun: What about the drains in East Finchley?
Minnie Bannister: Never mind them in Finchley. I live in Hackney and the drains pong!
Seacombe (in background): What about the Welsh reactionaries!
Minnie Bannister: Oh shut up Mr Beddows!
Greenslade: Please (he is interrupted by) Minnie Bannister: Shut up you big steaming nit! (various cries of "shut up" are exchanged)

Greenslade: Please! gentlemen
Minnie Bannister: I'm not a gentlemen!
Greenslade: You said it. Gentlemen this is an inquiry into the cost of a Government building in Colombo.
Henry Crun: Who authorised this?
Greenslade: Oh Mr Eccles here
Eccles: Yeah! I chose all the furniture myself.
Henry Crun: Mr Eccles why did a 7 and sixpenny window seat cost £246.
Eccles: Erm... I resign! You speak to my secretary. You can't talk to a Government minister like that. I won't be out of work long, you see! I'll get that ministry of fisheries job, you watch! I've kept goldfish!
Greenslade: Mr Eccles we are not for one moment doubting your sincerity, it's just your intelligence that's in question.That was the Goon show and yes, it's all bollocks. :D

K9P
25th Mar 2012, 01:10
Kharon

Similar to the answers that Allan gave at the inquiry, except his out was that he had a plane to catch