PDA

View Full Version : ATPL written study hours?

luscombe Lover
9th Sep 2001, 14:40
Hi all,

I am just about to start on my JAA ATPL writtens (Bristol GS) and will be studying at home. Just converting the garage to a child free office space first!

I am hoping to study for about 4-5 hours a day but have heard 3 is about all that can be absorbed. Any thoughts?

tailscrape
9th Sep 2001, 14:50
I did the full time course at OATS and found that after studying all day in the classroom, all I could manage was three one hour sessions broken by a 1/4 hour break after each hour. I worked from 5 p.m. until 8.45 p.m., then kicked back, relaxed , ate and had 2 drinks each night.

That way I found worked. I passed all the Tech and Nav exams first time. It drew a nice line under a days study to be able to wind down in front of the tv.

Good luck, and dont over do it!!

Ricky2shoes
9th Sep 2001, 14:56
Mate

You need EVERY hour that god sends for those dam things, good job your at bristol
I worked from 0800 to 1630 in GS then about 4-5 hours in the evening for 9 weeks,
good
R2S :)

scroggs
9th Sep 2001, 16:07
I think any educational professional with a bit of common sense will agree that 4-5 hours after a full 9-5 day's study is too much. Ricky, I doubt you were taking in much after 2-3 hours in the evening. Tailscrape's system is much more sensible, especially if combined with a good study plan. This will avoid over-concentrating on one subject - remember, you have to pass them all!