PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation in Oxford

fmattern
9th Sep 2001, 14:35
Hello!
I am from Germany and I just signed up for the Full time ATPL course at Oxford Aviation Training in January. Can anybody recommend accommodation in Oxford. How about the On Site rooms and the full board service. Is it acceptable? It sounds very expensive to me as anything at that school.
I would appreciate help very much.

bye

Oakleyman

and the chap said
9th Sep 2001, 15:58
Hi oakleyman,
I've recently started at OATS on the integrated course and had the same concerns about accommodation as you before I started. If you are self sponsored you may be offered on-site accommodation for the first month only and then have to look for accommodation for the rest of the year. The Halls aren't bad, but they are a little steep in price - although the food is good (I find, but then I'm not fussy). Sharing a house can be a lot cheaper that Halls If you're paying for yourself this obviously important!

I was advised by the accom. dept. to wait until I arrived before I started looking for a place to live. When you start the course, you will meet other Trainee Pilots in your situation, and the team building weekend will help you get to know your knew friends well. Generally those looking for houses end up sharing with others on the course (unless the rest of them happen to all be sponsored - in which case they will be in Halls for the duration). It worked for a few groups on my course and courses ahead of us.

Just thought I'd throw that in....point being, don't panic if you don't have it all sorted before you arrive. Chat to the accom. dept. they can give you pointers - they are v. helpful.

Best of luck,
ATCS

P.S. The course is very hard work (be ready), but fantastic if it is what you want. I love it!

[ 09 September 2001: Message edited by: and the chap said ]