PDA

View Full Version : BAMG

Liney111
16th Mar 2012, 09:38
Morning Gents,

Does Anyone have some info on the BA engineering hangar in Glasgow? More appropriately the AMS positions? Have been asked to submit my CV....

I hear mixed things, I knowa couple of guys in there who say it's a good place to work but the internet buzz is that both the AMS position and BAMG are a bit of a blue doo?

Opinions?

:confused:

gas path
16th Mar 2012, 14:08
Why do you think the current LAE population are not taking up the posts?
As for BAMG itself I cannot say.
Ask for the salary AND pension arrangements first.
Take a look at airmech.

spannersatcx
16th Mar 2012, 15:34
thread on ams positions (http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)

itsresidualmate
1st Apr 2012, 17:30
When I found out their new LAEs were on £36k I coundn't stop laughing! Who on earth would work for that?!

Sonic Bam
1st Apr 2012, 18:09
People who want to live there?
People who want to do heavy maintenance?
People at entry level who want to build experience?

Everybody is free to make a choice for their own reasons. Proof is in the pudding if they can recruit the numbers they need.

G-BGDC
1st Apr 2012, 19:06
I worked at BAMG for a while before finally seeing the error of my ways! It used to be a good place to work under Petrie, although some may disagree but it became a dangerous place to work if you thought for yourself!! Watch for the knives and 'No blame culture!!'.
If your face doesn't fit, forget it, you will get nothing or nowhere.
Only if you agree wholeheartidly with the management 'vision' will you progress up the tainted pole :yuk:.
Blokes on the shopfloor are good, watch out for various aircraft controllers and certain AMS's who are out for themselves.
The work is slow and a bit dull, it is majors, especially bay one, three to four weeks stripping/inspecting/fixing a tired 737.
Each to there own!
Ams = project and performance related bonus pay and three strikes and your out of there, what a load of dangerous pish!!!!! :=

Beeline
1st Apr 2012, 20:09
Pay peanuts..............

LAE is not a role to gain experience regardless of maintenance environment.

Take Gaspaths advice.