PDA

View Full Version : G650 availabilty

deserted
15th Mar 2012, 20:40
Hi,

With regards to the new G650 does anyone know if they are for sale in the open market yet or do you have to wait till delivered from Gulfstream?

ksjc
15th Mar 2012, 21:01
The first G650 hasn't even been delivered yet...not even sure it has received a certificate of airworthiness. I think it's still operating under a provisional type certificate.

Even so you would have to wait several years, 2017 is what I heard last week, before your plane would be ready if ordered today. Of course buyers further up in the line do drop out but those slots a quickly filled by others already waiting.

Should be a great machine. Looking forward to learning more about it.

CaptainProp
15th Mar 2012, 21:08
Early delivery slot available for lease. Other than that I'm not sure....

mutt
15th Mar 2012, 22:45
Google G650 for sale. You might be surprised.

Mutt

ksjc
15th Mar 2012, 23:05
Brokers throw out ads for G650 as bait. Look closer at the ads and you will see there all the data is generic. Not even an a/c serial number associated with the ad.

There have not been any G650 deliveries yet but expected to begin later this year. Again, type hasn't been granted an unconditional airworthiness certificate.

LGW Vulture
16th Mar 2012, 01:24
ksjc.

Please make clear you mean some brokers - not all!

And, no broker can really provide a serial number until the aircraft has been delivered. Otherwise, they and their Client can be in deep trouble with the OEM.

Keep the balance.

FrankR
16th Mar 2012, 01:44
KSJC is correct, Gulfstream is "focused" on selling the 650 to actual buyers.

This is for several reasons. Since it is a new type, they want to preselect the initial flight departments to insure high-quality discussions when glitches arise. They worked overtime to remove the known speculators from the order list, and returned several deposits from those deemed unqualified. I'd imagine that anyone who lists their position for sale would be moved to the end of the production schedule (Say to 2037).

All thiss adds up to Gulfstream's commitment to designing, producing, and delivering, and then supporting and improving the higest quality product in the sky.

FR

LGW Vulture
16th Mar 2012, 02:18
Great show Frank, you are well into the Savannah PR machine.:ok::ok:

FrankR
16th Mar 2012, 03:04
Hey, I have plenty to complain about as well. They fight you tooth and nail before they will pay for something that is obviously warranty work, they always are sending me these damn surveys to see how I feel, and the red wine at the free dinners in Savannah every Wednesday is rather lacking even my my executive lounge standards.

FR