PDA

View Full Version : Runway physical width and RWS

Victor India
15th Mar 2012, 07:59
Hi All,

Have tried a search of many docs with no answer.

Can anyone advise where the Australian rules/regs are regarding minimum physical runway width and RWS for a given aircraft type, if not specified in OEM documentation? Or is this left to an operator to decide, assuming a pavement concession is requested if required?

Thanks,

VI

PilotKarl_777-300
15th Mar 2012, 08:57
You will find all useful information in the Aeronautical Information Package
ENR 1.1-93 Suitability of aerodromes!

Hope this helps. :ok:

PK777-300. :)

VH-XXX
15th Mar 2012, 09:16
Surely if you're after specific aircradt type-related info it would be in the AFM / POH or similar documentation versus runway information?

compressor stall
15th Mar 2012, 09:32
CASR Part 139
Manual of standards
2.1.6 Aerodrome Reference Codes and Aeroplane Characteristics

It has all the info you would normally need, and then some, including a table of aircraft types/models.

Victor India
15th Mar 2012, 09:57
Thanks all.

XXX - I too was surprised to find no guidance in the AFM, Performance Manual or Operating Manual for the type I am considering.

I will review them again nonetheless, otherwise rely on the CASR/AIP guidance.

Thanks,

VI

compressor stall
15th Mar 2012, 10:57
I too was surprised to find no guidance in the AFM, Performance Manual or Operating Manual for the type I am considering.

You're obviously holding your type close to your chest - fair enough - but both the major manufacturers publish the airport data requirements in detail on their website. The things cover include terminal size, turning radii, ground servicing, pavement strength etc.

Stuff you won't find in your average AFM as it's not (generally) stuff for pilots - it's for tech ops people.

framer
15th Mar 2012, 22:48
Hey CS, can you provide a link or guidance on where that info is for the 737, I've been to the Boeing site and can't seem to find any info other than weight and range etc. Cheers

Fieldmouse
15th Mar 2012, 23:28
Boeing: Commercial Airplanes - Commercial Aviation Services - Flight Operations - Airport Technology - Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/plan_manuals.html)

framer
16th Mar 2012, 23:46
Thanks a lot thats appreciated.