PDA

View Full Version : N-reg RVSM in Europe?

CaptainProp
13th Mar 2012, 17:25
Was asked today if I ever heard of private N-reg aircraft (aircraft, crew) having problems getting RVSM approvals to operate in EU airspace....apparently an issue with the FAA rather than the EU authorities.

I have never heard of any such problems and have been reading up on my FAR rules and regs today but can't see the problem.

For info aircraft is owned by US company, aircraft is certified for RVSM ops, crew have attended RVSM training and the plan is (or was at least!) to operate the aircraft regularly in Europe.....

I don't have any more details so not sure exactly what the problem is as I was given second hand info....

Anyone?

debiassi
21st Mar 2012, 13:22
I believe you would still need a letter of authorization.

Chinchilla.612
22nd Mar 2012, 17:24
CaptainProp,
I could be off the mark here, but you didn't mention what approvals they had other than RVSM in the LOA's.
We operate our newest aircraft on the N reg (Part 91) and it is based outside of the US. In order for our RVSM and other approvals to be valid outside of the US we also required an FAA Approved International Operations Manual (which must be carried on the aircraft the same as the RVSM one). Additionally the crew have to complete an approved Int Ops course (ours was completed with FSI) and there are also recurrent requirements for this.
I'm guessing that could be the element they were missing?

CaptainProp
22nd Mar 2012, 21:07
Thanks a lot guys! :ok: