PDA

View Full Version : Departing BKK Warning

BAOREY
12th Mar 2012, 21:05
I departed BKK this morning at what I suppose is a fairly peak time and due to ongoing improvements it took 1hr 45 mins from completing check in to passing through Immigration as the queues were horrendous

i strongly recommend that if anyone is departing BKK between now and end June when the works completes to leave at least 2hrs and preferable more like 2h 45m as a safety margin

ZFT
13th Mar 2012, 07:40
What works complete? Immigration has been a nightmare for months now and is unlikely to get any better. Just look at any Bangkok Post or The Nation 'letters' page on virtually any day to read horror stories and Arrivals is even worse.

The poor immigration staff are overworked and undervalued apparently!!

crippen
13th Mar 2012, 10:09
Police called to help man desks | Bangkok Post: news (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transport/284077/police-called-to-help-man-desks)

Rush2112
14th Mar 2012, 02:16
Has immigration at Soowannapoom ever been anything other than awful? When I lived in Bangkok, the airport was still Don Muang, and while it had its moments, it was never as bad as its replacement consistently is.

compton3bravo
23rd Mar 2012, 09:57
Went through immigration in late December - my partner and I through in 10 minutes - might have been just lucky though according to other reports.

fergineer
27th Mar 2012, 21:32
Travel Thai Business class.....No problems.

BlueTui
29th Mar 2012, 00:02
Been through BKK several times over the last 4years as crew and passenger in economy and through priority biz lanes and never had a problem. No worse than any other hub.