PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Rating in Canada, needing instructors?

Cleared for take-off
12th Mar 2012, 09:50
Any pros out there have good recommendations about their flight schools? I'm looking to go into a good school in Canada for an Instructor Rating with quality grade 1(s) instructors responsible for the course.

I am near the west coast but I'm willing to relocate for a good opportunity. I guess that would be a school that is willing to or in need of hiring their new grad instructors. Any clue what's the average time an average instructor would fly in 1 year? (in Canada)

Any operators who have connections with bigger companies or a program for instructors to move to them after serving with the school?

Pilot DAR
12th Mar 2012, 09:52
Ask Big Pistons Forever, I expect he will have some helpful advice for western Canada. If you need more information than that, I can make some suggestions for the east.

Cleared for take-off
12th Mar 2012, 10:20
Any suggestions would be great, even the East, any pros and cons? Is the peak season usually longer in the East?

S-Works
12th Mar 2012, 10:26
Monkton Flight Centre are a good bunch. I am a frequent visitor to the East coast and fly out of Monkton and Debert.

Finding work might be more of an issue as its not a very bouyant market out there. Mind you its the story all over at the moment.

Pilot DAR
14th Mar 2012, 15:00
In central Canada the weather is a little more predictable, with less maritime affect (less fog and rain), but hotter and colder extremes. Those extremes generally do not affect flying, where fog obviosly can. The coasts are beautiful to fly, but you gotta pick your times with a little more caution. In Ontario, I assume that I can fly VFR 14 days in 15, and most of the year, that is the case.

For small, personal service, and both land and seaplanes at the same base, I like Lake Country Airways. I finished my CPL with them. Small be presonal and effective.

For the bigger time, try Brampton Flying Club (where I learned in 1977). They are a very established training outfit, and the only flying club in Canada to own their own airport.

You can also enquire with Harv's Air in Manitoba.