PDA

View Full Version : Moving pets to Dubai

milkibar
10th Mar 2012, 17:03
Hi
Has anyone any experience in moving pets from Europe to Dubai?
Which agencies? prices? vet paperwork? etc

Thanks!

el sol
11th Mar 2012, 04:06
HI,

We have used these folks DKC ~ Dubai Pets, Dubai Dogs Cats Animals, Kennels Cattery Relocation (http://www.dkc.ae/) several times for our two cats and would highly recommend them.

Get in touch with them directly and they should respond fairly quickly.

All the best.

Arthsy
11th Mar 2012, 12:53
Hi,

Question regarding pets and EK.

In the Pilot Briefing Document, I read that EK discourages the keeping of pets particularly in apartments. They also say that many landlords do not allow pets and that no guarantees can be given as to whether you will be allocated accommodation in which you can house a pet.
Has anyone ever heard about families who were not allowed to take their pets with them in Dubai?

Thanks.

flyer47
14th Mar 2012, 06:30
My wife and I moved from London to Dubai (I am a captain with Etihad) and we had absolutely no problems. We used a company called Petair who shipped our two cats from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi with Etihad.

As I work for the airline, we arranged all the documentation ourselves via the Abu Dhabi government website and collected the cats at the airport. Just be aware that if you do this yourself, you may have to pay the 500 AED vets bill at the airport via an e-Dirham card. Locating this card was the hardest part of the process.

Many landlords allow pets and we had no problems finding a villa with a landlord that allowed us to do so. I can't comment on pets in an apartment.

Best of luck.

YYZ
14th Mar 2012, 07:21
Im in an ek apartment, my little dog was welcome with no problem, the security even buy all the dogs that live there treats.

10 DME ARC
14th Mar 2012, 18:53
My dog goes back wards and forwards from to UK. I have done the process my self each time with no problems. Your pet will need a pet passport inc the rabies vaccination. You then need to apply for a import certificate, can do it on line. Mine flies cargo with emirates you can pick them up after about an hour after arrival, Emirates will point you in the right direction for customs/national vet in the cargo terminal. National Vet now also accepts UAE Visa cards.
Cheers
10d

Arthsy
21st Mar 2012, 12:45
Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

milkibar
31st Mar 2012, 08:23
Thanks for the info guys, my husband is a new joiner with Ek.

During the hr brief at the interview they talked about 100kg of cargo a year. Does anyone know if you can use this for shipping the animals? They have to go as unaccompionied cargo so I don't know if this can be considered with your new joiner allowance?

flyinthesky
31st Mar 2012, 15:29
Hi, I moved to DXB earlier in the year. We also brought out our dog. I used the DKC to handle all of the Dubai end, it cost about £400 after EK discount so not cheap but the doglet arrived in the middle of the night and DKC picked him up and kept him until the following morning. It is possible to do the whole thing yourself but it is much easier to have them handle the DXB end. We handled the UK departure arrangements. They were simple.

Regarding the cargo allowance, I asked the question at the time. The answer is that EK do not consider a dog as personal effects so no you cannot include him as part of your entitlement. You do however qualify for a 25% staff discount on EK services.

Hope this helps.