PDA

View Full Version : SA365/EC155 combined rating?

S76Heavy
8th Mar 2012, 19:39
Does anybody know if and when this became a common type rating?

I have spoken to someone with a French JAA licence and this combined rating, and since I have the SA365 on another JAA licence, does that mean I only need a difference course to gain the 155 or is it not that simple?

Eurocopter have something about the Dauphin family and type ratings, but it seems to be more of an advice; I don't know if it has already been adopted as such by EASA/JAA?

Bit confused now.:confused:

rotarywise
8th Mar 2012, 20:55
The EC155 is a common type rating with the AS365N variants, with differences training required between the N/N1/N2, the N3, the N3+ and the EC155. The change was made on the recommendation of the OEB final report (http://easa.europa.eu/certification/flight-standards/doc/oeb-final-report/eurocopter/EASA-OEB-Final-Report-Eurocopter_AS_365_EC_155%20B--B1-02-08022012.pdf) dated 8/2/12.

The up to date type rating list is here (http://easa.europa.eu/certification/flight-standards/doc/oeb-general/List_of_Helicopters_--_Type_Ratings_List-06032012.pdf)

misterbonkers
9th Mar 2012, 17:58
so from the type ratings list above can we now assume that Bell47s and hiller12s are now classed as EASA types? Literature I read before suggested they weren't going to be! Wish they'd make their minds up!!!

Jet Ranger
9th Mar 2012, 23:23
Who know´s, what is a difference between N3 and EC-155 in "hot and high environment", hover performance etc...?

I´ve heard that N3 is a bit stronger due to EC155 wider body (bigger pax space) / more power in hover operations like winching etc. ?

ec155mech
10th Mar 2012, 13:04
Misterbonkers > its the EASA they dont have to. order is as follows

EASA -> GOD->CAA's -> mortal men ( ie us )

the easa is according to themselves infallible. and everyone else are ignorant idiots.

I do wish there was an alternative to the legislative monsters who's only association with aviation is to sit on first class on the airliners on the taxpayers expense.