PDA

View Full Version : Pilot jobs in about 3 years from now

TheSkyIsTheLimit
8th Mar 2012, 16:28
I have a pretty important question. I want to start my pilot training in september of this year, so if I make it I should have my license in about 2 years from that date. I just really want to know whether there will be any pilot jobs in Europe (or even Asia and such) around that time?
Thanks in advance!

Morris542
8th Mar 2012, 16:33
I'll go get my crystal ball!

I'll stress that I'm not a professional pilot, however I think it is hard to say what the industry is going to be like in one year let alone three!

It seems likely that I'll be starting my CPL training this year so lets hope for both our sakes that there are some jobs around!

TheSkyIsTheLimit
8th Mar 2012, 16:35
Very true, but I figured why not ask? There might always be some people out there that can do some predictions. Thanks though!

pudoc
8th Mar 2012, 16:52
I wouldn't worry about jobs at your age. Get trained and qualified, then when jobs do arise you're ready for them. And if it takes you 5 years, so what you're young and your time will come.

TheSkyIsTheLimit
8th Mar 2012, 16:54
Very true indeed, let's just hope I will find another job to pay my €950 a month while looking for a job as a pilot.

206Fan
8th Mar 2012, 18:03
Very true, but I figured why not ask? There might always be some people out there that can do some predictions. Thanks though!
You might aswel walk up to a Top Scientist and ask Him / Her when will the next major Earthquake hit or Volcano erupt. Nobody knows what will happen. Same with Aviation.

I presume University isn't on your list then?

TheSkyIsTheLimit
8th Mar 2012, 18:07
I'm not sure yet, I'd rather start my pilot training as soon as possible. There is something positive though: I'm currently studying IT, just in highschool but still, and there will always be jobs in the IT business, so I have a back-up plan, just in case.

206Fan
8th Mar 2012, 18:47
Well If your not going to University make sure you get plenty of experience at the IT work.

I don't know what route you want to take with the Pilot Training. You might want to just complete the CPL now or continue and do the CFI afterwards to gain an Instructor Position to build hours or do the CPL and Instrument Rating then try the Airlines.

I would actually suggest you go and work in the IT industry for a year or two after finishing College to make yourself known to potential IT Companies and Employers in your Country. If you went ahead and started the Pilot Training this year, completed everything with no work at the end of it all that would mean looking for a Non-Aviation Job to start paying the loan back as you mentioned in a previous post.

What I'm trying to say is IF this happened and you went back to the IT with no previous experience in the Industry you will be back to square one again. Once you do finally get a start at the IT the salary mightn't be enough to cover the Loan repayments.

There is so much to take into consideration. You are young with a full life ahead of you to Fly. The sky will always be there.

TheSkyIsTheLimit
8th Mar 2012, 18:50
Good advise. I think I'm going to contact the company where I did my internship first, see what they have to say, thanks!

truckflyer
8th Mar 2012, 22:24
An IMPOSSIBLE question, because who knows what will happen with the economy in the world.

Few months ago Spanair and Malev was working, suddenly 2 companies gone bust, and several hundred pilots with experience job hunting! That's why, impossible to predict in 3 years what situation will be in.

However one thing is very clear, there will always be a certain world wide demand for pilots, pilots with experience, captains etc., fresh young pilots will ALWAYS be in surplus, plenty of us low experienced pilots, and there will never be enough jobs for these.

You are young, and have time on your side, get your licences slowly, do a FIC, enjoy flying, and wait, jobs will come for you eventually.

AOJM
8th Mar 2012, 22:25
What makes you think that you'll get paid anymore being a pilot?

wingreencard
9th Mar 2012, 09:48
jobs will come for you eventually.