PDA

View Full Version : advice and info. needed pls.

jet-lover
8th Mar 2012, 07:13
hi all,

recently i came across a job opportunity to fly N reg. citation bravo operating outside the US. i m not rated so i m planning to do the type rating in US. since its mandatory to have FAA license to fly the N reg. plane, i was wondering if there is a way i can integrate my type rating course together with getting FAA CPL or ATP certificate. i have 3000 hrs total time of which 900 is multi engine high performance jet time. any info on the expected costs of type rating and license conversion is also highly appreciated. thanks

* i did my home work of making some search on PPRuNe but couldn't find satisfying info.

fernytickles
8th Mar 2012, 16:02
Wonderful tho' pprune is, wouldn't you be better contacting the type-rating schools directly? They will give you all the info on what you need to do, what it will cost & what TSA requirements you will run into.

MarkerInbound
8th Mar 2012, 16:30
Yes, the training center can issue the COMM or ATP along with the type. You'll have to:

1. Pass the FAA knowledge test (the written exam.) and
2. Have a current FAA medical certificate

before your checkride and

3. Have our TSA approve your training.

before you you start the sim part of your training.

As to what it'll cost, as fernytickles said, search the web, not pprune. Flight Safety and Simuflite are the two big business jet training companies in the US, they can answer all your questions.