PDA

View Full Version : Air Charter in Tasmania!

PilotKarl_777-300
7th Mar 2012, 07:08
Anyone have any insight on what the GA is like in Tasmania?

Went there on a holiday few months back and it was the best trip by far with mates. Didn't get a chance to go in and talk to the operators in Friendly beach or Cambridge airport, but what's it really like living there and aviation terms? :)

Any feedback would be highly appreciated! Thanks :ok:

PK777-300.

Fondair
7th Mar 2012, 08:06
On the topic of aviation in Tasmania, are there any options around the Hobart area for a visiting CPL to hire an aircraft?

PPRuNeUser0182
7th Mar 2012, 08:49
Fondair

Try the Aero Club at Cambridge airport.

fanning
7th Mar 2012, 09:01
What Damien said.... Without maybe the bogan comment

Rumours going around of the rotary op at Hobart moving into more fixed wing ops - but he also was apparently buying tasair ... And that didn't end up so well - so could just be more hot air talk

Tas Aero Club in Launy is an option as well - friendly crew in there and nice place for a beer or two

PilotKarl_777-300
7th Mar 2012, 09:30
On the topic of aviation in Tasmania, are there any options around the Hobart area for a visiting CPL to hire an aircraft?

Other than what the gents have suggested already the only other flying operator, which i know who rents out their aircraft are Launceston flying services.

Anyway thanks for replies! :ok:

PK777-300.

flywatcher
7th Mar 2012, 10:15
Damien 1989, I have lived and flown in Tasmania most of my life. I am not inbred and not bogan and you are a racist fcukwit who should know better than to trash the place where you live. And if you don't live here, may we all be thankful. Grow up and please ask your parents permission before you post again.

VH-XXX
7th Mar 2012, 20:56
Damo, it was a little below the belt especially if you do live or work there. Fair enough to call people hogans but to back it up with supporting evidence around Bogan travel requirements was a bit harsh.

PilotKarl_777-300
7th Mar 2012, 21:59
Damien1989 is Danger! :E

Have too admit damo it was a bit harsh though! :=

8th Mar 2012, 06:15
When did Airlines Of Tas start doing RPT to WYY and KII? Did they fill the gap left by Tasair? Thought they didn't have their titans and nav's since they were sold to Sharps? I thought they were only in Metros now?