PDA

View Full Version : animals as freight?

stepwilk
6th Mar 2012, 22:31
Does anybody have any good animals-as-freight stories, for a book on stewardesses that I'm doing one chapter of which will be "Strange Cargo"?

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with stewardesses, but the airlines invariably did a PR photo of a pretty stew with the racehorse, or the weird show dog, or Rin Tin Tin when a cargo flight carried an interesting animal. So since this book is "A Photographic History," we need to justify using some of these shots, and I'll do so by recounting some of your strange tales...if it's okay with you.

I know there are a bunch of good stories hinted at in the sticky thread "Strangest Freight," and I will peruse that as well.

ita_198
10th Mar 2012, 08:39
I have seen animals driving...

ross_M
10th Mar 2012, 13:48
I remember having read on PPRUNE threads of lions (both the land and sea varieties), horses, sled-dogs, cats, cattle, chickens, sheep and elephants.

Quite the menagerie, eh? Happy searching! (Google works better than pprune's internal tool)

FlyingEagle21
10th Mar 2012, 14:01
I always remember hearing about this.

http://www.nicholas.robinson.name/pdfs/elephant.pdf

sicamore
10th Mar 2012, 14:03
We take baby elephants all the time down here in Zambia along with all sorts. Feel free to pm me

Vizsla
10th Mar 2012, 14:11
There was the old Fleet Air Arm Commander who flew live lobsters from Lands End to France in a Rapide on a regular schedule, often they got loose