PDA

View Full Version : 738 simulator for sim assessment

DarkSoldier
6th Mar 2012, 22:15
I have an upcoming assessment and was wondering if you have any recommendations for a reasonably priced 738 sim where you can get some practice with professional instruction...Have seen a few firms advertising but have not found much else about them.

Thanks

Busbar
6th Mar 2012, 22:55
Give SimuFly a look. They are a good crowd and the instruction is from experienced Pilots.

Home - SimUfly (http://www.simuflyltd.com)

I used them for an up-coming sim assessment last year and it helped a lot. (I got the job :ok: ) so worth a look anyway.

Good luck!

dudubrdx
7th Mar 2012, 08:43
Check out Flight experience Paris. It might cost you a plane ticket, but it's much cheaper ( 250 euros) than any of the others..

bylgw
7th Mar 2012, 08:58
You could try pm flight (http://www.pmflight.co.uk/) at redhill, surrey.

Fixed based 737 NG considerably cheaper than the full motion job and airline guys available to coach you.

The Cleaner
7th Mar 2012, 12:19
Recommend PM flight. Guy there is very knowledgable re sim assessments and will tailor to your requirements. Got me thru mine on 738. :)

goosemaverick
8th Mar 2012, 08:52
CTC have one I think as my friend went there a year or so back for a RYR assessment and he said it was excellent as they can get you an instructor that's normally familiar with the assessment (he said they've done ryanair, flydubai, qatar, bmi, jet2). HTH

B737Dude
8th Mar 2012, 15:21
Can you log hours from the Simulator at PM Flight (B737) and also is the instructor a experienced airline pilot or just a simulator technician?

DarkSoldier
11th Mar 2012, 11:45
Thanks AIO but I am UK-based....should have made that clearer actually. So may be a bit too far to travel just for a couple of hours of sim prep :)

Thanks for all other recommendations...pmflight could not fit me in so I found a company called Virtual Aerospace who do a reasonable deal on a fixed-base 738. Will report back when complete

twistedenginestarter
17th May 2012, 13:26
Were Virtual Aerospace any good? I'm about to book them.

DarkSoldier
17th May 2012, 17:03
yes they were very good, extremely reasonable prices too - £300 for 3h sim training. It was mainly to get used to the 738 layout and get a feel for its performance - very useful before the actual sim assessment. The end result - I got a job offer

alex230380
18th May 2012, 13:47
Hi, in the airport of my hometown there's a flight school (where I usually rent planes) which has a very nice 737 simulator (steady) and they have an instructor which knows Ryanair's SOPs and many of the SIM assessment procedures they'll ask you. He's an acutal 738 FO.
The price is very good and the area is really cute. They maybe can suggest you a cheap accomodation and the airport itself has a very good restaurant which provides lunch menu for 6€.
If you need more info just PM me.
Best wishes