View Full Version : Girlie question - re Gatwick Wannabe Seminars

sam_flying
29th May 2001, 12:41
Ok....sorry to ask and maybe it's a girlie question but what are people going to wear to the Seminar's and the BASH at Gatwick on the 9th June??

Is it formal suits and stuff...or more casual? I just don't want to turn up looking overdressed, and conversely underdressed (no rude comments!! ;) ).

Anyway...what are you going to wear??

Help! :)

Sam

ickle black box
29th May 2001, 13:06
Hey boys!! We've got an open offer here to suggest what the young ladies at the bash should wear :) :) .... Lets start with .. hmm .. miniskirt, the shorter the better :)

ickle ;)

sam_flying
29th May 2001, 14:14
But Ickle...you haven't seen my legs!!! Mini skirt may not be the best option ;) ;)

Sam :)

Delta Wun-Wun
29th May 2001, 14:43
Well I`m wearing clothes! :) :) :)

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

eagerbeaver
29th May 2001, 14:46
whats all this seminar and bash talk? can some kind person please fill me in on it all, i am not all that busy as of next week and it would be nice to put some names to faces. Plus if there is beer and crumpet...

ickle black box
29th May 2001, 15:56
eagerbeaver, it's the Saturday after next Saturday(June 9th)in Gatwick. Look in the pprune bashes forum. Over 100 people going, definitly beer, probably crumpet too (Sam's bringing her legs along). Sam, don't be modest .. I'm sure they're wonderful, but if an inspection's needed... :) :) :)

ickle ;)

[This message has been edited by ickle black box (edited 29 May 2001).]

scroggs
30th May 2001, 02:07
I shall be both standing in the firing line at the Seminar, and raising the tone in the Gatbash. I shall expect all Wannabes at the Seminar to dress as though I were their potential future employer. At the Gatbash, I shall expect you to be dressed. At least at the start of the evening.
Seriously, it's up to you. Neither Seminar nor Gatbash are formal, but if you'd feel more comfortable with collar & tie, or girlie equivalent, go ahead. If more casual is your thing, that's OK too!

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabe Forum Moderator
[email protected]

HomerSimpson
30th May 2001, 02:11
Me thinks I'll wear clothes too. Don't want to put off any wanabees! :)

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

foghorn
30th May 2001, 02:45
Maybe we should have an award for the worst dressed wannabe? How not to dress at an airline interview (unless it's orange..)

:) :) :)

catswhisker
30th May 2001, 04:40
OK guys, dump the short skirts thing. Too easy. And never mind them nubile blonde bitches.
I am a very large, ugly, ageing brunette. What should I wear that will make me feel good (rules out paper bags.. they get in the way of the food) but also spare you a much stronger emetic than 16 pints of Pprune Special Offer CamelPuke XXXX...??

Autofly
30th May 2001, 16:08
Delta Wun Wun,

I'm glad your wearing clothes as your getting a lift with me ........ unless you are the gender from Venus so by all means :) ..... I'll mail you about the arrangements soon.

AF

dingducky
30th May 2001, 16:29
i thought the dress code involved kilts :) :) :)

------------------
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Flypuppy
30th May 2001, 16:58
Kilts are only required if there will be a bagpipe player in attendance.

No kilts this time http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Delta Wun-Wun
30th May 2001, 17:06
Autofly,
More of a Richard Gere/Tom Cruise type....(Pauses whilst the wife kills herself laughing) :) :) :)

------------------

Blindside
30th May 2001, 17:22
Delta

I'm a little confused. Does that mean that you look like Tom Cruise/Richard Gere or that your private life is questioned??

:)

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.

jamiecurry
31st May 2001, 01:53
airlines want to see you in "airline" style clothes so that they can see if you suit the style of uniform. guys - wear ties shirts and a D/B suit in a dark colour - pref not black but any other colour. Girls - trouser suits and jackets do fine as do any matching colour jacket/skirt combo! Hope this sheds some light

Sensible
31st May 2001, 02:24
Having been to a previous PPRuNe bash, can I suggest that something that won't show beer stains and can be machine washed afterwards would be more suitable!

VFE
31st May 2001, 02:24
Hmmmm, this thread has got me thinking about what I'll wear now!

Do I go for the burmuda shorts, string vest and silver DMs or smart casual?? http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/awink.gif

VFE.

MikeSierra
31st May 2001, 02:30
VFE,
I'd go for the black DMs it's more the smart casual type ;)

------------------
G-XX...finals and hopefully land!

Sensible
31st May 2001, 02:30
And wasn't ceiling walking with paint on feet mentioned on another thread? Right, Sou'Westers and wellies recommended then! :)

Hamrah
31st May 2001, 03:57
Hey, heads up Guys and Gals.

The seminars are NOT interviews, they are NOT an opportunity to press CV's, they are simply a chance for us old airline f*rts to give some free (relatively) advice and guidance on getting your first airline job. So wear something comfortable.

It's supposed to be an enjoyable day...relax

H

InFinRetirement
31st May 2001, 10:03
Dress is as casual as you want, but I don't think I couldn't stand anymore Hawaian shirts!

Ickle.

Are you coming to the bash? You no pay yet but you are welcome if you do :)

Delta Wun-Wun
31st May 2001, 13:14
Don`t look like either I`m afriad.Wouldn`t mind a bit of the money though to fund the flying. :)

------------------

mad_jock
31st May 2001, 13:33
Could some give me a link to where i could find out about future Gatbashes

MJ

Ps I wouldn't wear a Kilt any where near Gatwick, last time i couldn't be bother changing before flying home a big stick was required to fight off the local girls.

Chirpy Pilot
31st May 2001, 15:53
Fishnet stockings, high heeled stilletoes. My mind is running riot.

Patsy 001
31st May 2001, 18:55
I do hope you are a lady! ;)

Chirpy Pilot
31st May 2001, 22:30
Oh my God! What a shock that would be. Surely the facial stuble would give it away. I have cooled down now

scroggs
1st Jun 2001, 02:24
Overtorque has suggested (elsewhere) that 'commando' would be appropriate. For her, it might. For the rest of us, well, I don't need my mind boggling that much! As for Jamie Curry, lighten up son, I'm not interviewing you for a job, just giving you some tips. As my medical will have been on the Friday, I then intend to consume my weekly 21 units of alchohol in the first five or ten minutes of the bash! I shan't be wearing my Armani suit and jockstrap, I can tell you!

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabes Forum Moderator
[email protected]