PDA

View Full Version : ? for AUH atc.

Togalk
4th Mar 2012, 16:51
Why is it we have to fly over Khalifa city in our nice quiet jets at 5000', yet these loud helicopters fly right over the villa's/schools/hospitals at a couple of hundred feet. The shoreline is right there, can't they fly down it to get to the military heliport?

omaATC
5th Mar 2012, 11:00
Khalifa City where the helicopters fly are outside the Control Zone, so we cannot tell them what to do:)
Give me a good rate of descent as soon as you are clear of OMP49 next time you are flying, and I will let you overfly Khalifa City at 2300 feet at least (that is the MRVA in that area.)
Or even better, do a visual approach, and you can overfly as low as you want:)

Togalk
5th Mar 2012, 11:05
I'm more pissed off at the noise of the helicopters then having to stay high over Khalifa City, but I'm all over that approach. I'll try it next time.

dubh12000
5th Mar 2012, 12:30
but I'm all over that approach. I'll try it next time.

.....You'll probably be blinded by the flood lights from Al Forsan or somesuch.

Jetjock330
5th Mar 2012, 15:46
Anybody know what the aerobtaic show overhead Al Bateen was in aid of today at 5 pm? Witnessed a little piston powered aircraft with smoke on doing an aerobatic display overhead Al Bateen for 30 minutes.

omaATC
5th Mar 2012, 17:02
That would be the Abu Dhabi Air Expo 2012.

Abu Dhabi Air Expo | Al Bateen Executive Airport | ADAC Airports | Airports & Companies | Abu Dhabi Airports Company (http://www.adac.ae/english/airports-and-companies/airports/al-bateen-executive-airport/abu_dhabi_air_expo_2012.aspx)

Demented
6th Mar 2012, 11:31
Tog, if you want to fly low over the school/hospitals/villas in Khalifa, go fly helicopters, it is much nicer than being at 5000 ft in your quiet air-conditioned jet. We don't choose the routes, they are published and we just follow them :ugh:

Another thought, get your company to give you a better housing allowance and then you won't have to live in KCA and no noise......:)